FYI

  _____

From: Health Professions Advising Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Chonte James
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [HLTHPROF] ADEA AADSAS 2010 Application Cycle

All:

This is to provide important information about the launch of the ADEA AADSAS
2010 application cycle.

*	The AADSAS 2010 cycle will launch on June 1, 2009.  Traditionally,
AADSAS has launched on May 15, but we are delaying our opening this year as
we move AADSAS to a new technology platform.  The content of the application
is very similar to previous years, but applicants will find a better flow to
the application and enhancements to help them keep up-to-date on their
application status.  June 1 is the date applicants can begin filling out and
submitting their applications (there never has been one date for applicants
to begin filling out AADSAS applications and a separate date when they can
begin submitting them).  We anticipate that we will start applications to
schools in mid June.

*	Applicants to AADSAS 2009 who plan to re-apply in 2010 are reminded
to print a copy of their 2009 applications.  After May 29, 2009 the 2009
AADSAS  application will no longer be accessible to applicants.  At present,
re-applicants must create a new 2010 AADSAS application and re-enter
coursework information, etc.  (We hope to be able to "move forward"
applicant data for re-applicants in future years, but do not have this
option at present.)

*	The process for submitting Letters of Evaluation to AADSAS remains
unchanged from last year.  Applicants continue to have the option to submit
four individual Letters of Evaluation OR one Committee Report plus one
individual Letter of Evaluation.  AADSAS considers a Committee Report to be:

*	A Committee Letter with supporting letters attached OR
*	A Committee Letter that is composed and uses quotes from various
evaluators but does not have supporting letters attached OR
*	A Composite letter which usually consists of a cover letter from an
advising office and a collection of individual evaluation letters that are
attached; with composite letters, the advising office serves as a central
collection service for the applicant but does not make additional
assessments of the candidate

AADSAS does not have a relationship with VirtualEvals and does not have the
ability to receive letters uploaded to VirtualEvals.

We look forward to working with you as we launch the 2010 AADSAS application
cycle.  If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Chonte James

Director of Predoctoral Application Service

American Dental Education Association

The Voice of Dental Education

1400 K Street NW, Suite 1100

Washington, DC  20005

Voice: (202) 289-7201

Fax: (202) 289-7204

www.adea.org

Confidentiality Notice:  This email message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may include confidential
and priviledged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".