International Service Learning is offering a

“BRING A FRIEND” trip to re-open our Mexico teams.

With travel resuming to Mexico, ISL is offering a special "Bring A Friend" trip.  We want to encourage you to come to Mexico with a friend and make a difference.

ISL has reduced the cost of the trip from $1,485 to $1,385 and in addition, if you get a friend to join you, we are offering a travel credit of $100 off your trip and your friend’s trip cost.

This is a general medical team lead by our Mexico Medical Director, Adrian Mendoza, M.D.  We have had great success in helping the poor and underserved in Mexico and want to get back to serving them.

August 15-28, 2009 to North Eastern Mexico - NOW $1,385

(two weeks)

"Bring A Friend" travel credit of $100 for you and your friend

(one per person)

Team of 8-16 students will travel to Jaumave in the North Eastern part of Mexico, about 5 hours south of the tip of Texas. The team will set up field clinics and provide medical care to the people in need in the rural villages in the mountainous region in and around Jaumave.

Our 2009 Schedule is available on our website at www.ISLonline.org .  Just click on Team Schedule.  We have teams scheduled throughout the year.

If you have any questions please contact Pepper Tucker at [log in to unmask].

Please consider sending this information to your students along with the attached flyer.

Thanks to our students helping us staff these teams we estimate we’ll be serving approximately 35,000 of the underserved with varying levels of health care—thanks for the partnership!

More info at www.ISLonline.org.

ISL sends medical/dent/opt/public health/PT/vet/pharmaceutical teams to countries in Latin America, Central America, and Africa.  We include pre-health students on our teams as a way of preparing the next generation of international medical caregivers.  Students receive supervised hands-on experience, health related seminars, and financial sponsorship.

Listings of university, professional, and student references available upon request.  Over a 14 year period we’ve fielded over three hundred teams and annually provide health care for 15,000 of the underserved.

Please consider placing the attached information on your list serve for pre-health students and forwarding to any appropriate pre-health student organizations.  For professional/program references and information, please contact me directly [log in to unmask] (361-549-6035) or see our web site at www.ISLonline.org.

Sincerely,

Michael Birnbaum, Executive Director

International Service Learning

Members Texas Association of Advisors for the Health Professions and GHEC.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".