Greetings from PIBS

FYI

From: University of Michigan - Program in Biomedical Sciences [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 12:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: UM PIBS PREVIEW Event Announcement

header

Greetings from the Program in Biomedical Sciences,

I hope you have been enjoying your summer and are looking forward to the upcoming school year!

UM PIBS is hosting its 6th Annual PREVIEW Event, October 29-31, 2009. We invite you and your colleagues to encourage top under-represented minority students to apply. This is a great way for your students to find out first hand what UM PIBS has to offer them for graduate training.

PREVIEW includes:

  • an all-expense-paid visit for selected participants
    (i.e. travel, lodging and on-campus meals)
  • activities and workshops on applying and attending graduate school at UM including the PIBS Annual Biomedical Sciences Open House
  • one-on-one and group interactions with faculty
  • networking with current graduate students and peers from across the country
  • tour of campus, facilities and the city of Ann Arbor

PREVIEW application deadline: 9/30/09
For more information about the PIBS PREVIEW, visit our event website. Please contact myself or the PIBS Team if you have any questions at 734-647-7005 or [log in to unmask].

Please spread the word to your students and colleagues!
Attached, you will find an email announcement (including new pdf overviews of both PIBS and Ann Arbor) and PREVIEW flyer for distribution.

Thank you in advance for your continued efforts and support. We look forward to meeting your student(s) this fall. Please look for our Fall PIBS Point Newsletter full of additional events and program updates!

Sincerely,

Image

PIBS Director of Recruitment
PREP Supervisor

*We apologize if you are not an appropriate contact for students considering graduate education. Please let us know if you should be removed from our contact list.

  Our 13 Programs:

  • Bioinformatics
  • Biological Chemistry
  • Biophysics
  • Cell & Developmental Biology
  • Cellular & Molecular Biology
  • Human Genetics
  • Immunology
  • Microbiology & Immunology
  • Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology
  • Molecular & Integrative Physiology
  • Neuroscience
  • Pathology
  • Pharmacology

Toll Free: 877-294-0120
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.med.umich.edu

pibs logo

www.med.umich.edu/pibs

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".