Hello,

My name is Sooyon Park, and I am currently a junior at New York University.
I just wanted to reach out to Hunter pre-med students who might be
interested in a medical school seminar that Remnant Community Center is
hosting this Wednesday, November 11, 2009. An email announcing the event was
sent out to the pre-health student list-serve at NYU (text-only and flyer),
and I was wondering if it would be possible for Hunter to do the same for
its pre-med students.

Attached is a flyer regarding the event, but I will also describe it here:
Remnant Community Center is hosting a med school seminar with a keynote
speaker, Dr. Mike Pham, Chairman of Anesthesia at Jersey City Medical
Center. Other panelists include a second-year resident at NYU and a
first-year medical student at University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ.
All three tiers are attending this event, making it very useful for pre-med
students for discussion.

Given this wonderful opportunity, I wanted to extend the invitation to
Hunter students. Pizza and dessert will be provided, but we ask that
students RSVP before the event in order for us to plan accordingly. It would
be great if word spreads through a pre-health list-serve available at
Hunter. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to make
this possible.

Thank you very much, Sooyon Park

***Text-only***

How to Get into Med School: The Real Deal

Come and learn the ins and outs of the medical school application
process from those who've gone through it.  What's important?  What's
not?  What do admissions committees really look at?  There will be a
half-hour presentation followed by some time for Q&A.  Afterwards,
feel free to stick around for some dessert and to mingle with the
keynote speaker and panelists.

*FREE <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  PIZZA AND DESSERT!  RSVP at [log in to unmask]

When: November 11, 2009 at 7 pm
Where: Remnant Community Center
206 East 29th Street (between 2nd & 3rd Avenues)

Keynote Speaker
Michael Pham, MD
Chairman, Department of Anesthesia, Jersey City Medical Center
Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center
MD: Johns Hopkins School of Medicine

Panelist
Jamey Snell, MD
2nd Year Resident: New York University
MD: Harvard Medical School

Panelist
Hank Han
1st Year Med School: University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey

***End***

Sooyon Park
Preston Robert Tisch Center
Hospitality, Tourism, and Sports Management
224.305.2738

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".