FYI.  For postbaccs ONLY. Please contact Ms. Prokop directly for additional information.

From: Jennifer L. Prokop [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 10:48 AM
To: Lolita Wood-Hill
Subject: Clinical Connections Internship NYP Cornell

Dear Ms. Wood-Hill,

After the success of the Clinical Connections Internship for the 2009-2010 academic year, of which one of your post-bacc students participates, we plan on continuing and expanding the program next year. We met last January to discuss this internship, where students have the opportunity to work directly with patients at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell in three areas: Oncology, Neurology, and Geriatrics. This is an amazing opportunity for students interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. Interns will receive training and hands-on experience working with patients in a hospital environment. This past June, I participated in the Narrative Medicine workshop at Columbia with Dr. Rita Charon and have incorporated the field of medical humanities into the internship experience.

I would greatly appreciate if you shared the Clinical Connections Internship opportunity with your post-baccalaureate students via the listserve. I have attached a detailed description of the program, which includes the application.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Happy New Year!

Thank you,

Jennifer

--

Jennifer Prokop
Coordinator, Nancy's Friends

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".