FYI.  Please contact Luis directly for any additional information.

  _____

From: luigi [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:08 AM
To: L. Wood-Hill
Subject: hello mrs Wood-hill, we need your help!

we are having a dinner to benefit the leukemia and lymphoma society on weds
feb 3rd at 7 pm in a peruvian restaurant, can you please send this to all
the list serves there are. And of course you are also invited i hope you can
make it.  thank you so much for your help!
--

Dear Hunter Students, Professors, Alumni, and Post Baccs:

I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a
participant in their Team In Training (TNT) program. And I'm asking you to
help me by coming to the first Spring Semester kick off dinner party. This
event will be hosted at Chimu Peruvian Cuisine and Steak House at 7PM on
February 3rd, 2010. All proceeds will go towards the LLS and the TNT
program. Come join fellow Hunter students for a night of food, beer, and
laughs. Entrance is $30 and will include a full meal with a complementary
glass of Sangria. Please let us know if you require a vegetarian dish or
have any dietary restrictions (i.e food allergies). The restaurant is
located on 482 Union Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11211. (718- 349-1208). To reach us
by subway, take the L train to Lorimer Street. Directions and Reviews.

I am often asked why I decided to get involved with LLS, I was privileged
enough to meet and interview cancer survivors for a National Cancer
Institute funded research project last year. Every time, I was amazed by the
courage of not just the survivors, but also their families. In one occasion,
I met a young woman who had turned to LLS for answers when her mother
relapsed after years of cancer remission. It was within this organization
that she found more than a resource; she found others who shared her story.
Now, after a year of working in Cancer research I find myself committed to
fighting this disease in whatever capacity I can. Today is fundraising,
tomorrow as an oncologist.

In March 8th, 2010 I will be competing in the New Jersey Devilman Triathlon
and raising funds for the LLS. Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure
for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling
these blood cancers, unfortunately many of these people are our friends and
family. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help
bring them hope and support.

Please use the link in this email to donate online, quickly and securely.
Also, in this way, you can learn more about my progress. You will receive a
confirmation via email, and I will be notified as soon as you make your
donation.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/njdevtri10/lvillegas

You can also add me as a friend on facebook and donate through my page. I
will keep everyone posted on the training and fundraising milestones.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your
support. I greatly appreciate your generosity

Luis Villegas Hunter 08

P.S Please RSVP by Tuesday February 2, 2010. We need to know how many people
will be in attendance.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. Albert
Einstein"
LUIS.S

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".