Because Hunter knows that their premed students volunteer more than anyone
in the school I have been asked to BEG and PLEAD with each of you to
register for this volunteer challenge using any volunteer work you are
currently doing at a non-profit agency (hospitals, vet hospitals, clinics,
volunteer ambulances, nursing homes, internships at non-profits (Bellevue
Pavers, etc) and make Hunter the number one college for service in NYC!  I
completed the registration and it is very easy to do.  Just give them the
contact information for where you are volunteering and log your hours
completed thus far (they will verify the hours so don't exaggerate).  We are
over 200 points away from first place college St. John's!  Let's beat them
really bad-and postbaccs should join as well--- you are Hunter students now!
Top ten students will be able to intern with the City of New York this
summer.

Hunter Competes in the NYC Service College Challenge for Volunteerism!

I am proud to announce that Hunter has been invited to participate in the
NYC Service College Challenge, a government-sponsored initiative that will
set a new standard for volunteerism by New York City colleges.

"Everybody has something to offer," is the College Challenge slogan, and
Hunter's faculty, students, and staff have everything to offer: knowledge,
commitment, energy, passion, and ability.  Together, we can make a
difference to our city's most under-served citizens and demonstrate-once
again-that Hunter is the most socially responsible school in New York City!

To learn about volunteer opportunities and how your service hours can help
make Hunter #1 in the College Challenge, contact the Hunter Campus Liaison
at  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Need more of an incentive? The top ten students who log the most service
hours will be awarded the opportunity to intern with the City of New York
this summer.  Let's go Hunter!

  _____