Please respond to Ms. Starr, contact information below

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking for Research Volunteers- MSKCC

Dear Ms. Wood-Hill,

I am looking for volunteers in the Department Of Psychiatry at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. I was wondering if you could pass this e-mail on to post-bacc or pre-med students who might be interested? My contact information is below.

Many thanks,

Tatiana

Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center

641 Lexington Avenue, 7th Floor

New York, NY  10022

The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences offers an opportunity to gain research experience in the psychological and behavioral issues in cancer. Individuals will gain valuable clinical experience in patient interviewing, survey data collection, data entry, and conducting literature reviews relevant to cancer prevention and control topics.  As well, our department is very active in all aspects of research.  Research affiliates work with research staff and Principal Investigators alike on grants from concept to funding, as well as assist with ongoing research projects.

We encourage students to become involved in this great opportunity as much as they can.  Many of our interns and staff choose masters theses and doctoral dissertations in related areas and we gladly provide mentoring for completion of these and other academic requirements. Moreover, this placement provides an excellent opportunity for research career development in a healthcare setting, no matter what one’s ultimate goal is.  Faculty interests include cancer screening, cancer survivorship, psychotherapy process and outcome research, neurocognitive research, palliative care, physician-patient communication, quality of life, risk perception and cancer communication, pain and substance dependence, sleep research, tobacco control and other health behavior change interventions, symptom management, and disparities in cancer care.  Many research projects target urban, medically underserved populations.

Good time management, organizational and communication skills are essential.  Computer skills are desirable including word processing, PowerPoint and library search engine tools.  The benefits are vast, and reach beyond advancing your career or grad school application.  Volunteers will become valuable members of a research team and have the opportunity to gain real-life experience, attend Grand Rounds and even use data for the theses and publications if desired.

Please e-mail your letter of interest and your Curriculum Vita to:

Tatiana Starr, MA

Clinical Research Coordinator

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences

641 Lexington Avenue, 7th Floor

New York, NY 10022

Tel: (646) 888-0080

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

_____________________________________

Tatiana D. Starr, M.A.

Clinical Research Coordinator

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center

Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences

641 Lexington Avenue, 7th Fl

New York, NY 10022

Phone:   646.888.0080

Fax:       212.888.2584

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

     communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
     computer.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail [log in to unmask]"">to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".