Please do not respond to me but to the contacts listed below!

From: Jessica Pastoriza [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Opportunity to Volunteer at ECHO Free Clinic this summer

Please forward this to your PreHealth students, who might be interested in this summer opportunity.

Thank you.

Dear Pre-med/Pre-health Students,

Einstein Community Health Outreach (ECHO) is recruiting summer volunteers for 2010.

Located in the South Bronx, ECHO is the first student-organized clinic in the New York metropolitan area, serving patients from the five Boroughs and parts of Westchester County.  Our mission is to provide free primary care for people who lack health insurance or cannot afford insurance and healthcare.  Run by the medical students of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, ECHO provides routine medical exams, social services, and counseling, as well as referral services to physicians associated with the Institute for Urban Family Health (IUFH), Montefiore Hospital (Einstein affiliate), and Lincoln Hospital.

During the school year, ECHO is staffed by pre-medical and pre-health students on the administrative side.  Your work includes patient registration, health education, translation, research, and clinical shadowing.

Our Saturdays begin when we meet at the clinic at 8:15.  We open at 8:30 a.m. and register patients until noon.  The day’s work is generally completed by 3 or 4 p.m. depending on the number of volunteers and the volume of patients.

Below, is the attached application.  Your health forms MUST be completed and returned with your application in order to be considered (This includes a blood test/titer showing immunity to MMR and Varicella, a PPD test, and proof of tetanus immunization).  You are not required to receive Hepatitis B vaccination or titers.  In addition, include a passport-sized photo when mailing pages 5-7.  If there are any problems regarding the health forms (i.e. with insurance, payment for tests, submitting by deadline), do not hesitate to contact me.  If you do not have health insurance, you can go to ECHO and fulfill this requirement.

Applications are due by April 23rd.

 Thank you for your interest in ECHO. Please visit our website www.echo-clinic.org to learn more about us. If you have any questions, feel free to email me anytime at [log in to unmask] or email Michelle Cheng, the Project Director at [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask].

Best wishes,

Jessica M. Pastoriza
AECOM Class of 2013
ECHO Pre-Clinical Schedule Coordinator

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail [log in to unmask]"">to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".