In case anyone is looking for work, has journalism background, and wants to
be in Long Island. Please do not ask me anything else about what is written
below.  Contact them directly!

Subject: Newsday's newsroom is hiring!
 If you know journalists interested in applying for these positions, please
have them send their resume and clips to [log in to unmask]
Newsday's newsroom is hiring!

In a big step forward on boosting our local coverage, during the next six
months we will hire 34 new journalists for our newsroom and digital teams,
and add 2,600 pages of additional news and opinion to our newspaper
annually. I'm very excited to announce that we are making this significant
investment in people and pages to provide more and stronger coverage for
Long Islanders.

Many initiatives will increase town and local coverage in print and provide
our online audience with more updates and faster coverage of breaking news
around the clock. They include:

.        Adding to the number of town reporters

.        Doubling the number of Long Island news pages in Newsday each day

.        Upping the number of regional zoned editions of Sunday's LI Life to
provide more localized town news and information

.        Hiring community journalists who will hit Long Island's streets in
search of local features and personalities that define each community as we
launch hundreds of hyper-local pages later this month

.        Gathering and building even more databases to become the definitive
online source of local data for LI communities

.        Expanding our "community watchdog" role by increasing local
investigations and enterprise reporting staff to dig into key topics that
matter most to Long Islanders

.        Cross-training staff to enable them to cover news in both text and
video

We also plan to expand our business and feature sections by:

.        Adding space to our daily business section, with more local, useful
information for and about the Long Island business community

.        Introducing a daily e-mailed business newsletter

.        Boosting pages in LI Life to include a weekend Explore LI component
for planning the week ahead

.        Creating a weekly in-depth profile story that will highlight the
life, lifestyles and trends of Long Islanders

The Opinion section will grow as the editorial board under Rita Ciolli's
leadership adds three new positions and increases its weekly space in the
newspaper by nearly 80 percent. This section will offer a full page of
readers' letters every weekday, along with more opinion pieces from across
Long Island and beyond, representing a broad spectrum of viewpoints.

 In sum, we will add 37 people to our teams as part of our commitment to be
the indispensable source of news and information for Long Island.

-