FYI.  This is from a Hunter student who was kind enough to provide you with this information.

 I was hoping that you would be willing to post this volunteer opportunity (below) with New York Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. I have been volunteering in the inpatient Child Life program for the past several months and it has been an awesome experience. I've learned a lot and had the satisfaction of knowing that I have helped to improve pediatric patient outcomes by normalizing the experience of these children and adolescents through play and companionship. There is plenty of personalized support for volunteers, too, which makes this a very attractive opportunity for Hunter students.

Thanks,

Chris Manschreck
Pre-Med Post-Bacc Certificate Program

NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
volunteers provide vital assistance to our patients, families and healthcare professionals. Throughout the Hospital, volunteers can be found lending a helpful hand by running errands, providing information to parents whose children are in the emergency room or undergoing surgery, welcoming patients and families to the Child Life playrooms, organizing toys and play materials, or visiting on the units. Volunteers can assist with children in the clinic waiting areas, serve as role models in the literacy programs and offer our families much needed comfort and support.

There are volunteer opportunities available in the following areas:

Child Life (inpatient and outpatient areas – including Oncology, Cardiology/Neurology and general Med/Surgery), Same Day Surgery, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Diagnostic Suite, Community Literacy Program (for emergent and health literacy), The Sibling Program and more.

You can view our opportunities and apply on line at:

www.nyp.org/volunteer/moganstanley.html