I was asked to forward this.  I do not endorse it or have any other information than what is below. L. Wood-Hill

From: Meg Fabiszak [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2010 5:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: MEDLIFE at Hunter College - Global Health Care Opportunity

Dear Ms. Wood-Hill,

I'm an Expansion Team Member for the student run organization MEDLIFE (www.medlifeweb.org).  This organization works to bring health care, education, and development to communities in Ecuador, Peru and Panama.  This work is primarily done through student chapters in universities that bring week-long mobile clinics to one of the three countries as well as promoting local and global health care education.  Since being founded in 2005, we have over twenty current university chapters and are hoping to expand this opportunity to Hunter College.  If you could please forward the following text to your pre-health listserve or through any other avenues of communication possible, our organization would be extremely appreciative.  Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding MEDLIFE or if you would like to know more about our organization.  Thank you very much for your time and your consideration!

Best regards,
Meg Fabiszak
Expansion Team

Greetings,

Are you looking for an opportunity to make a concrete impact in the fight against global poverty? MEDLIFE is a student-run organization that works to improve access to Medicine, Education, and Development (MEDs) in impoverished regions of Latin America. We are currently looking for student leaders interested in starting a MEDLIFE chapter at Hunter College.

Our organization offers students an unrivalled opportunity to engage in hands-on work both locally and globally in order to improve the lives of those in need. Through our Mobile Clinics (student-run medical missions) and community development projects, students are able to work alongside doctors and other professionals as we bring meaningful, sustainable change to areas of extreme poverty. Dedicated students also have the opportunity to help direct our domestic and international operations through various leadership positions and internships, both in the United States and Latin America. MEDLIFE has already served tens of thousands of individuals in Peru and Ecuador, and we will continue to grow with your help.

Student leaders at developing chapters will work closely with existing MEDLIFE leadership in order to recruit students to participate in Mobile Clinics, fundraise for development projects, and otherwise strive to bring MEDs to the poor of Latin America. Students who successfully spearhead the establishment of a MEDLIFE chapter at their college or university will receive a $500 discount on any Mobile Clinic participation fee. Information and support in the chapter development process will be provided by members of the MEDLIFE Expansion Team and SAB, so taking on an important leadership role and making a positive impact in the lives of the poor has never been easier.

Don’t miss this opportunity to get involved! Contact our Director of Student Operations Tommy Flint ([log in to unmask]) and Expansion Team Member Meg Fabiszak ([log in to unmask]for more information.

We hope to hear from you soon!

The MEDLIFE Expansion Team

www.MEDLIFEweb.org