Having trouble viewing this email? Please click here.
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
WE ACT for Environmental Justice
Wangari Maathai Montage
Wangari Muta Maathai
(1940-2011)
A Memorial Ceremony

The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine
1047 Amsterdam Avenue (at 112th Street)
New York, NY
Monday, November 14th, 2011
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Dear Lynn,

I had the wonderful privilege of interacting with the extraordinary Dr. Maathai on several occasions. Her life and her work are an instructive model for advocates around the world. I am sad for the absence of her voice, vision, and influence, but she has left a legacy that will endure in our hearts and minds. Please join me and hundreds of her friends on November 14th as we remember the woman, her story, and her work.

Sincerely,

Peggy Shepard
Wangari Maathai Memorial  Wangari Maathai
In Memoriam...

"Philosopher, environmentalist, educationist, political activist, freedom fighter, mother, grandmother, guiding light. We will miss her. We will celebrate her. We will emulate her. We will never forget her."

H. E. Macharia Kamau, Ambassador and Permanent Representative at Kenya Mission to United Nations

[]
All are invited to attend.
The ceremony will begin promptly.
Please, no flowers or presents.
Donations to the Green Belt Movement.
Forward email
[]   []
This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |
WE ACT for Environmental Justice | 1854 Amsterdam Avenue, 2nd Fl. | New York | NY | 10031

To unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(COMHEALUMNI-L,SIGNOFF);