Thanks to Jessica Silk, alumnus, for sharing this information

Fall 2011 Training Institute Calendar

We are pleased to announce our Fall 2011 Training Institute Calendar!

Planned Parenthood of New York City’s Training Institute prepares over 500 professionals annually to serve as trusted education and support resources in their communities on sexual and reproductive health issues. The Institute offers trainings, webinars, and forums via two training calendars (fall/winter and spring).

We have exciting new features in this season's calendar including:

The Fall Calendar kicks off soonThursday, October 27so please sign up now!

TI.png

We are pleased to offer an exciting new line-up of trainings on sexual and reproductive health topics!

For a detailed description of each training, and to register online, click here.

All trainings take place at Planned Parenthood of New York City

26 Bleecker Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10012.

For more information, call the Training Institute Information Line at 212.965.7038.

Training Schedule

11/3/11 - Public Insurance and Reproductive Health Care (Cost: FREE)

11/16/11 - Webinar: Building Blocks to Sexual and Reproductive Health: An Overview of an Award-Winning Capacity-Building Program  (Cost: FREE)

11/17/11 - Fertility Awareness Method (FAM): Deepening Our Relationship to Our Bodies (Cost: $29)

12/6/11 - Forum: Empowering and Supporting Our Transgender Youth--Taking Lessons from the Film Gun Hill Road (Cost: $40)

12/14/11 & 12/15/11 - Promoting Sexual and Reproductive Health in Youth Development: A Toolkit for Youth Service Providers (Cost: $59)

2/8/12 & 2/9/12 - Training of Trainers: Building Your Group Facilitation Skills (Cost: $59)

The Sex Ed Basics Academy

The Sex Ed Basics Academy is designed for both newcomers to sexual and reproductive health and youth-service professionals seeking to refresh their knowledge. We recommend first attending the two Core Academy Courses that offer a foundation in child sexual development and skills for communicating with youth about sexuality. Then, taking as many of the six Elective Academy Courses as you can will complete your mastery of the Sex Ed Basics!

- Core Academy Courses –

10/27/11 – Speaking with Confidence about Sexuality (Cost: $29)

11/10/11 – Child Sexual Development: What to Expect at Each Stage (Cost: $29)

- Elective Academy Courses –

12/1/11 – Don't Forget the Pleasure in Sex Education (Cost: $40)

You asked – and we listened!  We have added a clinical component to our most popular trainings below.

12/7/11 – Talking about Abortion with Confidence (Cost: $40)

1/11/12 & 1/12/12 – Birth Control: Clinical Facts and Engaging Educational Strategies(Cost: $40)

1/25/12 & 1/26/12 – Sexually Transmitted Infections: Clinical Facts and Engaging Educational Strategies (Cost: $40)

Don't wait - our trainings fill up quickly! Please register today!

***

Leah Graniela

Coordinator, Training Institute

Planned Parenthood of New York City

26 Bleecker Street

New York, New York 10012

P: 212.274.7246

F: 212.274.7300

Visit PPNYC’s website:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/nyc

This email is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential / privileged information. Disclosure or use by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender and then delete this and any attachments.