Dear Pre-Health Students:

The Pre-Health Advising Office receives requests from outside employers and others looking to work with Hunter Pre-Health students. In the past we have had complaints that students respond to posts in an inappropriate manner. In response to that we have sent out reminders with postings about the proper response etiquette. Unfortunately, the message has not gotten through. We have received another complaint. It is embarrassing and unprofessional.

When you respond to a posting you are not only representing the Pre-Health Advising Office but Hunter College as a whole. Those of you who do not use proper e-mail and job application etiquette are shedding a negative light on Hunter College.

If this continues we will no longer be sending out listings to our students.

PLEASE REVIEW THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT. KEEP IT FOR YOUR RECORDS AND REFER TO IT WHENEVER YOU ARE APPLYING TO ANY OPPORTUNITY MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU.

For those of you who responded (or will respond) to the position at Albert Einstein sent out yesterday, please review the message below that was sent after students responded inappropriately.FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Ms. Gentry-

We have begun to receive emails from Hunter Students. We greatly appreciate it.

I hate to be a nuisance but would you direct your students when emailing in response to the position that they would include a subject header and body text to the email, as well as a cover letter. It’s just proper etiquette.