Please see an opportunity to get involved in a Weill Cornell – Hunter partnership below;

Did you know...

·  Childhood obesity has more than tripled in the U.S. in the past 30 years.

·  In 2008, more than one third of children and adolescents in the U.S. were overweight or obese.

·  Obese youth are more likely to have risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure, are more likely to have pre-diabetes, are at greater risk for bone and joint problemssleep apnea, and social and psychological problems such as stigmatization and poor self-esteem.

·  Children and adolescents who are obese are likely to be obese as adults and are therefore more at risk for adult health problems such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, several types of cancer, and osteoarthritis.

Apply to become apart of Weill Cornell's MAChO Program and help educate and inspire children (8-13) in East Harlem to take control of their health and begin to change these statistics! What is MAChO?

MAChO is a holistic and innovative behavioral program designed to combat the childhood obesity epidemic at the grassroots level.  The program targets adolescents living in underserved communities.  Our aim is to incite lasting change by teaching adolescents about the importance of nutrition, fitness and personal development, to empower them to take control of their health and their lives.  Our immediate focus is not only on making healthier choices, but also on instilling key values and skills which can be applied throughout one's lifetime. An overview of the MAChO program is attached for your perusal.

As we prepare for our spring semester and expand MAChO's scope of impact within the community, we are looking to fill new positions in the organization, as well as solidify our teaching/mentoring staff for the coming spring. Attached is a list of positions for which we are currently accepting applications. Below you will find our Spring Volunteer Application, which we'd like completed by December 2nd.

Within the application, we ask for your current availability to schedule an interview. Interviews will be held at Weill Cornell Medical College (69th and York). Details as to the scheduled time and location for your interview will follow once you have completed and submitted your application.

Again, please submit the application by December 2nd. Feel free to contact us at [log in to unmask] with any questions or concerns. We look forward to discussing your future role as a MAChO volunteer!

Sincerely,

MAChO Team

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHF4b05QcUlYNkRhVXg1VV9kdGE1Y3c6MQ

Spring 2012 MAChO Volunteer Application

Hello MAChO Volunteers! Below is the application for new members as well as those currently volunteering that are looking to fill teaching/mentoring positions and administrative positions for the Spring 2012 semester. This form was created to address any issues with filling out the PDF version of our application. Please submit your response by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2ND. We need your schedules of availability in order to continue our planning for the Spring and will set a time for your interview promptly after you return this application. Sincerely, MAChO Team

Applicant Basics

Name *[          ]

Email *[          ]

Phone Number *[          ]

Other Languages Spoken *[          ]

Address *[          ]

Date of Birth *[          ]

Current School/Occupation *[          ]

Desired Assignments

See descriptions in email attachment. Please choose your top three assignments.

Teaching Positions

·         [ ] Teacher: Nutrition

·         [ ] Teacher: Fitness/Anatomy/Physiology

·         [ ] Teacher: Exercise Sessions

·         [ ] Teaching Assistant: Nutrition

·         [ ] Teaching Assistant: Fitness/Anatomy/Physiology

·         [ ] Teaching Assistant: Exercise Sessions

·         [ ] Mentor (Saturday Sessions)

IT/Marketing/Communication Positions

·         [ ] Website Coordinator

·         [ ] Public Relations Manager

·         [ ] Social Media Manager

Administrative/Organizational Roles

·         [ ] Historian

·         [ ] Special Events Coordinator

·         [ ] Alumni Coordinator

·         [ ] ISP Coordinator

·         [ ] Site Coordinator

·         [ ] Saturday Sessions Coordinator

·         [ ] Exercise Curriculum Coordinator

·         [ ] Curriculum Logistics Assistant

·         [ ] Personal Development Curriculum Coordinator

Schedule of Availability

Spring AvailabilityFor Teaching/Mentoring Positions. Please check all that apply.

Monday 2 pm - 5 pm

( )

Monday 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm

( )

Monday 5 pm - 8 pm

( )

Tuesday 2 pm - 5 pm

( )

Wednesday 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm

( )

Wednesday 5 pm - 8 pm

( )

Saturday 10 am - 3 pm

( )

Saturday 8 am - 12 pm

( )

Interview AvailabilityPlease check all that apply.

Monday, Dec. 5th 6:15 - 6:30 pm

( )

Monday, Dec. 5th 6:30 - 6:45 pm

( )

Monday, Dec. 5th 6:45 - 7:00 pm

( )

Monday, Dec. 5th 7:00 - 7:15 pm

( )

Monday, Dec. 5th 7:15 - 7:30 pm

( )

Monday, Dec. 5th 7:30 - 7:45 pm

( )

Tuesday, Dec. 6th 6:15 - 6:30 pm

( )

Tuesday, Dec. 6th 6:30 - 6:45 pm

( )

Tuesday, Dec. 6th 6:45 - 7:00 pm

( )

Tuesday, Dec. 6th 7:00 - 7:15 pm

( )

Tuesday, Dec. 6th 7:15 - 7:30 pm

( )

Tuesday, Dec. 6th 7:30 - 7:45 pm

( )

Resume

Questions? Contact: [log in to unmask]

ResumePlease copy and paste your resume to the space provided below, and describe any relevant experience in one paragraph. You may also email your resume to [log in to unmask].

[Submit]