Graduating Seniors and Post-Bacc Students:

Dr. Mathew Lefkowitz is hoping to identify a premedical student for a position starting this summer and has extended the opportunity to apply to Hunter postbacs & seniors. Please read the email carefully and make sure you that in addition to a well composed resume, develop a cover letter in which you describe your skills and talents and how you can positively contribute to the operation of this busy practice. To avoid potential problems we have had with professional correspondence in the past, I’d like to point out something important: This position is being advertised to us as a result of a positive association Dr. Lefkowitz has with Hunter students as our students who have worked in this very office before have made us proud. Please take time and pay attention to ensure that you honor and perpetuate this happy tradition. Only graduating seniors and post-baccs can apply.

Thank you,

Cathy

Chronic Pain Management Doctor’s Assistant Positions beginning in May/June 2012

Our Brooklyn Heights medical practice is seeking a mature and enthusiastic team player for a doctor’s assistant position in a very busy pain management practice. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who would like to gain practical experience in a medical setting and is planning to take 1-2 years off while applying to medical school. Most of our former assistants have gone on to medical school.

Job Description: In this full-time job, you will work intimately with the doctor and patients. You will conduct patient interviews and assist the doctor in minor procedures (primarily spinal injections). As an assistant, you will also function as a liaison between the doctor, patients, and outside healthcare professionals. Other responsibilities include composing and editing evaluation reports and various letters to physicians on behalf of the doctor, as well as learning about running a private medical practice. You will be joining a team of four assistants and three office staff members. Health insurance benefits will be provided.

Candidacy: A bachelor’s degree and the completion of premedical coursework or completion of a post-baccalaureate premedical program is required prior to beginning position. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are required. Excellency in typing is required. You must demonstrate the ability to learn how to use an electronic health records website quickly and efficiently.

How to Apply: Send a copy of your resume/CV in the body of an email (i.e. not as an attachment), and include a brief letter expressing your interest and why you are the most appropriate candidate for this position to the following address: [log in to unmask]

We will conduct interviews for this position at our office in Brooklyn Heights, NY.

Only graduating seniors and post-baccs can apply.