*Subject:* FW: Intern positions available at Fox Chase Cancer Center****

** **

Dear all,****

** **

Please see below.  ****

** **

Thanks to alum Amy Hagelstein for passing along!****

** **

*From:* Hagelstein, Amy [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
*Sent:* Monday, April 16, 2012 12:38 PM
*To:* [log in to unmask]
*Cc:* Hagelstein, Amy

** **

Michelle,****

   Per our conversation, I have included a general description for the
internship positions.  All positions are unpaid. If there are questions,
please email [log in to unmask] or call 215-728-5545. We are currently
scheduling interviews for the summer positions here at Fox Chase Cancer
Center. If offered an internship, the intern would be working to assist
health educators, project managers and principle investigators with one of
two studies. Below you will find a general description:****

** **

INTERN PRIMARY FUNCTION:****

** **

We are seeking summer interns who have interest in gaining research
experience. The goal of our research is to make cancer prevention-control
programs more effective by identifying the distinctive ways in which
individuals make decisions, adjust to risk information, and manage
recommended screening, treatment, follow-up, and prevention regimens.****

** **

ESSENTIAL TASK FUNCTION-ACCOUNTABILITIES:  (please list in order of
importance)****

** **

**·         **Assist with managing specific grants****

**o   **Text messaging intervention to prevent postpartum smoking relapse***
*

**o   **Empowering patients with electronic health records****

**·         **Ability to work independently****

**·         **Ability to display a professional demeanor****

**·         **Takes initiative****

**·         **Organize workload****

**·         **Meet deadlines while multitasking on a variety of projects****

**·         **Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
skills****

**·         **Excellent computer skills (including SPSS and MS Office)****

** **

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are interested in
coming in for an interview via email or by phone at 215-728-5545. Best of
luck.****

Cordially,****

   Amy Hagelstein, MPH****

** **

** **

Amy Hagelstein, MPH****

Health Educator****

Cancer Prevention and Control Department****

Fox Chase Cancer Center****

333 Cottman Avenue****

Philadelphia, PA 19111****

Phone: (215) 728-5545****

Fax: (215) 214- 2178****

email: [log in to unmask]****

** **

If you wish to unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF COMHEALUMNI-L".