Subject: FW: Intern positions available at Fox Chase Cancer Center

Dear all,

Please see below.

Thanks to alum Amy Hagelstein for passing along!

From: Hagelstein, Amy [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 12:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Hagelstein, Amy

Michelle,

   Per our conversation, I have included a general description for the internship positions.  All positions are unpaid. If there are questions, please email [log in to unmask] or call 215-728-5545. We are currently scheduling interviews for the summer positions here at Fox Chase Cancer Center. If offered an internship, the intern would be working to assist health educators, project managers and principle investigators with one of two studies. Below you will find a general description:

INTERN PRIMARY FUNCTION:

We are seeking summer interns who have interest in gaining research experience. The goal of our research is to make cancer prevention-control programs more effective by identifying the distinctive ways in which individuals make decisions, adjust to risk information, and manage recommended screening, treatment, follow-up, and prevention regimens.

ESSENTIAL TASK FUNCTION-ACCOUNTABILITIES:  (please list in order of importance)

·         Assist with managing specific grants

o   Text messaging intervention to prevent postpartum smoking relapse

o   Empowering patients with electronic health records

·         Ability to work independently

·         Ability to display a professional demeanor

·         Takes initiative

·         Organize workload

·         Meet deadlines while multitasking on a variety of projects

·         Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills

·         Excellent computer skills (including SPSS and MS Office)

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are interested in coming in for an interview via email or by phone at 215-728-5545. Best of luck.

Cordially,

   Amy Hagelstein, MPH

Amy Hagelstein, MPH

Health Educator

Cancer Prevention and Control Department

Fox Chase Cancer Center

333 Cottman Avenue

Philadelphia, PA 19111

Phone: (215) 728-5545

Fax: (215) 214- 2178

email: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(COMHEALUMNI-L,SIGNOFF);