From: "ny_rd_news" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: April 9, 2012 5:05:40 PM EDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RD Promotion Op -  Wellness Fair on Saturday, May 5th in Washington Heights

Calling all RDs

Diet and Nutrition Practitioners are needed to participate in the KIDFIT in the Heights Wellness Fair on Saturday, May 5th in Washington Heights.

We would like to invite you to participate in helping to raise awareness in our community about childhood obesity prevention by being part of KIDFIT in the Heights, a family and community wellness fair organized by the Wellness Committee of the PS/IS 187 Parent Teacher Association.

KIDFIT will take place this year on Saturday, May 5, 2012 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm in the PS/IS 187 school yard, located at 349 Cabrini Blvd. (between W. 187 – 190 St.), in Washington Heights. The rain date
is the next day, May 6, 2012, same hours. The fair features all kinds of sports, dance classes and nutrition demonstrations that will be fun and educational for all.

We are looking for diet and nutrition practitioners to staff their own information tables at KIDFIT. You decide what the table will focus on. You could distribute printed materials about obesity prevention, talk about the amount of sugar in soft drinks, have them try an interactive activity about portion control, etc We look forward to having your participation in KIDFIT this year!

Best,
Susan Saar
Parent at PS/IS 187
PTA Wellness Committee Chair