Hi there!

The Brooklyn Food Conference is right around the corner - on Saturday, May
12th at Brooklyn Tech High School in Fort Greene and we need your help for
spanish language interpretation! This FREE conference will offer 175
workshops, an Expo with over 300 vendors, cooking demos with local Brooklyn
chefs, kids activities, a youth summit, films, music, art, and child care!

Our 1st Brooklyn Food Conference in 2009 had over 3000; this 2nd one on May
12, 2012 will be bigger & better. We expect over 5000 attendees. Its goals
are: learning from neighbors & experts, building community & commitment, &
changing policies so we can have a healthy, sustainable, & just food system
for all. We have invited all the presumptive mayoral candidates, Brooklyn’s
three congressional members, many of its city council & state legislators
to speak on panels.

Much of our outreach work is happening in the Latino communities of Sunset
Park, Bushwick, and Cypress Hills. We expect significant attendance by
Spanish speakers and we will be offering interpretation at all of our
sessions in the 3000 person auditorium as well as at a selection (of about
30 workshops) of the 175 workshops we will offer. We are looking to have
about 20 people who are willing to commit to interpreting during 2 of our 4
workshop slots (only 1 hour and 15 minutes each) and/or during our opening
and closing plenaries (30 minutes each).

See more information about the conference here (including a full schedule
of workshops): www.BKFoodConference.org

Please write or call Bianca Bockman, Outreach Coordinator if you're
interested or have questions: 917-697-3472, [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much!

Bianca

Bianca Bockman
Community Outreach and Program Coordinator
Brooklyn Food Coalition
www.BrooklynFoodCoalition.org
www.BKFoodConference.org
917-697-3472

If you wish to unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF COMHEALUMNI-L".