Hi there!

The Brooklyn Food Conference is right around the corner - on Saturday, May 12th at Brooklyn Tech High School in Fort Greene and we need your help for spanish language interpretation! This FREE conference will offer 175 workshops, an Expo with over 300 vendors, cooking demos with local Brooklyn chefs, kids activities, a youth summit, films, music, art, and child care!

Our 1st Brooklyn Food Conference in 2009 had over 3000; this 2nd one on May 12, 2012 will be bigger & better. We expect over 5000 attendees. Its goals are: learning from neighbors & experts, building community & commitment, & changing policies so we can have a healthy, sustainable, & just food system for all. We have invited all the presumptive mayoral candidates, Brooklyn’s three congressional members, many of its city council & state legislators to speak on panels.

Much of our outreach work is happening in the Latino communities of Sunset Park, Bushwick, and Cypress Hills. We expect significant attendance by Spanish speakers and we will be offering interpretation at all of our sessions in the 3000 person auditorium as well as at a selection (of about 30 workshops) of the 175 workshops we will offer. We are looking to have about 20 people who are willing to commit to interpreting during 2 of our 4 workshop slots (only 1 hour and 15 minutes each) and/or during our opening and closing plenaries (30 minutes each).

See more information about the conference here (including a full schedule of workshops): www.BKFoodConference.org

Please write or call Bianca Bockman, Outreach Coordinator if you're interested or have questions: 917-697-3472, [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much!

Bianca

Bianca Bockman
Community Outreach and Program Coordinator
Brooklyn Food Coalition

To unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(COMHEALUMNI-L,SIGNOFF);