From: New York City Nutrition Education Network (NYCNEN) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of New York City Nutrition Education Network (NYCNEN)
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 11:21 AM
To: Arlene Spark
Subject: Save the Date for NYCNEN's May 22nd Meeting

Save the Date!

NYCNEN's Next

General Meeting is

Tuesday, May 22nd

Join Our Mailing List

For questions regarding NYCNEN membership or to join our mailing list, please email Tomi Akanbi, NYCNEN Administrative Assistant: [log in to unmask].

TC Logo
Thank You to Our Sponsor

 NYCNEN receives support from the Program in Nutrition, Teachers College Columbia University.

Dear NYCNEN Members and Friends,

Please join NYCNEN at our next meeting and learn about environmental changes that make a big impact on eating behaviors.

Our keynote speaker is Adam Brumberg. Adam is the Deputy Director of the Cornell Food and Brand Lab. He works with Brian Wansink and the Cornell Center for Behavioral Economics in Childhood Nutrition (BEN) to coordinate academic and industry research on mindless eating and the many environmental factors that influence food intake.  Adam will discuss their research findings such as how plate size or variety of foods available can affect food consumption. Additionally, he will discuss how to use behavioral economics to make low-cost environmental changes, such as altering placement of foods, changing the names of menu items, and adjusting lighting in cafeterias, supermarkets, and restaurants to increase healthy food selection.

We'll also hear from local organizations and businesses making innovative changes in supermarkets and hospitals to promote healthier options.

Topic: Making Small Environmental Changes for a Big Impact