From: "ny_rd_news" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: June 23, 2012 7:48:35 AM EDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: jobs June 24, 2012

The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD since 2001

To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]

Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than
once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

The jobs listed below are mostly from New York State. Please email job listings
from your area so that the entire state will be covered. Jobs must be received
by Thursday at 3pm in order to be posted for Sunday posting. There is no charge
to post a job on the NY_RD_News List.

Nutrition4Life in manhattan seeking for an RD, CDN to provide quality individual counseling. Must have extensive experience in nutrition assessments and counseling.

Qualifications needed:

Active member of the American Dietetic Association
Clinical experience at least 2 years (expertise in wide range of disease entities, and drug/food interactions)
Outpatient/private practice experience minimal 3 years (expertise in individualizing based on personality/cultural/lifestyle/emotional needs)
Excellent communication and counseling skills
Time management and organizational skills a must
Personable, compassionate, friendly, responsible and hard working
Computer skills (Microsoft office)
CDE or Masters degree a plus
Experience working with eating disorders also a plus

Part time position - 2-3x week, incuding every other saturdays

Please email cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]

Full Time (37.5 hr) clinical dietitian position open at Jewish Home
Lifecare in the Bronx, NY

Facility is an 840-bed long term, subacute care facility. Clinically
advanced practices including enteral feeding, outpatient dialysis
unit, nutrition focused physical assessment, and nutrition care
process.

Entry level dietitians encouraged to apply. Great learning
environment, willing to train.

Annual salary: $51,000 if RD status at time of employment.

Please call Michele, Herbek, MS, RD at 718-410-1522 or email resume
to: [log in to unmask]

ubject: New Strategic Information post at ICAP

Hi, We're recruiting for an exciting new position in the Strategic Information Unit at ICAP-Columbia University, and would very much appreciate your circulating the attached job description. We're looking specifically for someone with expertise in HIV surveillance, ideally population-based surveillance among populations most at risk of HIV, and French-language skills. Interested candidates can apply here: https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56433. Thank you for your assistance in sharing the job description. Batya

Batya Elul, PhD, MSc
Director, Strategic Information Unit
Assistant Professor of Clinical Epidemiology
ICAP-Columbia University
Mailman School of Public Health
722. W. 168th Street, Room 1316
New York, NY 10032
Tel: +1 212 342 2803

PAID Opportunity - Children's Activities Coordinator
PLEASE RESPOND BY JUNE 23rd!!!!!!

We are seeking a Children's Activities Coordinator to organize and run children's activities on Wednesdays ANDSaturdays at the markets this season. Below you will find some of the details for this position. If you are interested contact [log in to unmask] with the requested information on the attached flyer.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Each week we will feature fun and interactive
children activities at our farmers markets.

We are looking for a coordinator to organize & run
arts & crafts, games, workshops and more!

Children's Activities will run every
Wednesday & Saturday during market season.
June 30th—November 17th, 2012

- You will be paid $50 per Wednesday (3 - 6) and $100 per Saturday (9-3)
- We provide supplies needed

If you are interested you must email:
- A brief bio/resume
- Why you are interested
- include any experience you have working with children.
- example of children's activities

Send to [log in to unmask]

Dietitian
Job Category
Clinical Dietitian/RD
Rehab. & Nursing Care Center
Brooklyn, New York

Job Description and Requirements
Full time dietitian for 200 beds nursing facility . Knowledge of MDS 3.0 & LTC/Federal and State regulations . RD preferred. 3-5 years of experience minimum.
New dietitian will cover 3 long term floors ( 120 beds).

Please, send your resume to Victoria Malev, Chief Dietitian

ISABELLA

Job Description

Job Title: Project Coordinator, YUM on the Road

Scope of Practice:
Short term position (until January 31, 2013) due to grant funding. Coordinate a program that brings Isabella's Benefits Enrollment Center together with YUM Fresh Food and GrowNYC "on the road" to various organizations, with the goal to increase access to benefits and affordable healthy food for seniors, and teach healthy cooking through food demonstrations. Partner with senior centers, faith based organizations, or other locations who wish to become sites for a travelling weekly food and benefits festival. In addition to forming site partnerships, provides the actual benefits assessments, enrollments assistance, and follow up with older adult clients.

Essential Functions and Responsibilities:

Coordinates the logistics of weekly food events, including ongoing communication with YUM and GROW NYC, development of marketing material, promotions, giveaways and stipends, and engagement of seniors.

Recruits volunteers for Food Demonstrations.

At weekly events, through home visits or working from Isabella Senior Resource Center, provides one-on-one screening for benefits eligibility through the Benefits CheckUp tool, and seamless, person-centered application assistance and enrollment into public benefits programs, including renewal of existing benefits.

Provides enrollment assistance into the following core public benefit programs: Medicaid, Food Stamps, Medicare Savings Plans, Part D Extra Help, Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) and the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Also provides assistance with Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE), Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Safelink cellphones, and senior tax credits. Assistance includes providing information and education about benefits and how to use them, follow-up reminders, confirmation of enrollment, advocacy, and recertification.

5. Communicates regularly with YUM, GROW NYC, and site partners to modify the program and procedures as needed, improve marketing strategies, and identify other areas for improvement. Confers with Senior Resource Center Benefits Counselors and other partner organizations, such as Food Bank for NYC and Medicare Rights Center to resolve complex benefits applications, or for assistance with mediation and appeals to resolve benefits denials.

Enters client data in the NCOA web based data tool developed for this project. Maintains all other records as deemed necessary.

Responsible for monitoring the budget, keeping track of expenses, preparing required monthly reports and financial reports as required.

Performs other related duties as assigned.

Qualifications:

1. Education:
BSW or BA in a related human service field

2. Experience:
· Basic knowledge of the core public benefits for seniors and their application procedures
· Project management and community partnering experience

3. Certification and Licensure:
None required

4. Special Skills:
· Bilingual English and Spanish, verbal and written
· Excellent verbal communication and engagement skills
· Knowledge of aging issues and assessment skills
· Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, familiarity with Excel
· Proven organizational and planning skills
· Detail oriented

Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
a) Ordinary lifting, bending and stooping associated with general office work.
b) May require carrying cooking supplies to various sites
c) May require home visits that involve walking up and down stairs, or utilizing public transportation, approximately 25% of the time

Carol Ban [log in to unmask]

New York Downtown Hospital has an immediate opening for weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) per-diem Clinical Dietitian, with weekday flexibility (Monday-Friday) to join our team. This RD position includes the coverage of two patient floors per workday. The ideal candidates should be well diverse in all areas clinical nutrition to provide cross-coverage as needed, including medical/surgical, telemetry, critical care unit, ER and OB/GYN, with experience in TPN/PPN nutrition is a plus. Candidates must be a Registered Dietitian, with minimal 2 years of clinical experience to be considered. Experience with Sunrise Clinical Management or Eclipses are desirable. Experienced in and understanding of Nutrition Care Process.

Responsibilities include:
• Provide nutrition care including assessing patients' nutrition status, monitoring outcome, developing and conduction nutrition care plan, providing education and nutrition counseling.
• Maintain and record documents associated with nutrition care.
• Participate in quality assurance projects, multidisciplinary rounds, and nutrition-related community events.
• Participate in nutritional training of volunteers or interns.

Bilingual in Cantonese and/or Mandarin, or Spanish a plus. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to:

Li-Li Chen, RD, MS, MPH

Clinical Nutrition Manager

Food Nutrition Services

New York Downtown Hospital

170 William Street, NY NY 10038

(O) 212-312-4048

A private label food manufacturing company, located in Edison, NJ, is seeking a highly focused, organized, and tenacious dietetic technician and/or nutritionist (with a Bachelor's degree or higher in the field of nutrition) to join their dynamic team. Primary duties of this position include:
· Label development and printing- Position will oversee the label development and control of new products. Involves recipe formulations, researching ingredients, compiling ingredient statements, running nutritional analysis to generate food labels, and completing USDA Application for Approval of Labels. In order to fulfill duties, daily communication and follow-up with the Executive Chef, Program Chefs and clients is a must. Additionally, position requires knowledge and understanding of FSIS and FDA label and allergen regulations/policies.

· Quality control- Works closely with the Quality Assurance manager in implementing SOPs and GMP procedures, updating policies and supplemental documentation, monitoring and maintaining record logs, and preparing for audits.

· Initiating purchase order workflow- Role is an integral part of fulfilling purchase orders as incoming purchase orders are first received by this position for processing. Files are immediately created, edited, and verified for products upon receipt of POs and distributed to appropriate team members to begin production. This task requires precision, multi-tasking, and coordination.

· Liaison with corporate accounts- Collaborate with members of the sales team and clients throughout initial setup of accounts and during manufacturing operations. Update sales team with progress reports and client feedback as received. Goal is to help sales and clients with a successful transition into their manufacturing experience with us and to uphold company's standard of providing the highest level of client care and satisfaction.

Hours are generally 7:30am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday (however, you may be asked to work during a weekend on occasion). If you are eager to work in an environment like no other and feel you are a qualified candidate for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Lauren Greenspan

Dietetic Technician/Nutritionist

Healthcare Services Group, Inc. is the nation's largest provider of support services to the long-term care industry. We provide our professional management services to over 3,000 Nursing Facilities, Rehabilitation Facilities, Hospitals and Retirement Centers in 47 states nationwide and in Canada. A billion dollar company on the NASDAQ stock exchange (HCSG), we have been recognized as one of Forbes Top 200 Small Companies in America as well as one of Forbes Most Trusted Companies in America.

The ability to recruit and train individuals, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, has enabled us to dominate an industry traditionally not known for its professional management structure. HCSG has doubled in size every 5 years since being founded in 1977. This growth has resulted in the doubling of our middle and upper management positions in that same time period. With the "graying of America" we see that trend continuing, creating growth potential for our management personnel unlike any other industry in the country.

Healthcare Services Group, Inc. has a unique business model in which we are committed to promotion from within. We believe there is no substitute for learning the business "from the ground up". We are a performance based company that rewards those individuals, who have dedicated the time to learn our culture and business practices, with truly unlimited promotional opportunities
Registered Dietition

Registered Dietitian.

We are looking for a professional, energetic Dietitian to join our rapidly growing organization . The candidate will be working with the medical and dinning services team at a large skilled nursing center in Staten Island.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor nutritional status of residents in long term care and Rehab center. Complete nutritional assessments and complete /review RAI. and care plan processes.
Assist facility in identifying clinical nutrition problems and work towards solutions .
Participate in efforts to improve and maintain acceptable clinical indicators

QUALIFICATIONS:

Bachelors degree required.

Active current registered Dietitian required

2 years of clinical EXP. Preferred

Expertise in clinical nutrition, preferably geriatric rehab care practices in a skilled nursing setting

Possess knowledge of all applicable local, state and federal regulatory statues and guidlines pertaining to healthcare in the skilled nursing setting.

Sufficient knowledge of food production and distribution, to evaluate meal quality,dinning programs and texture modified diet preparation.

Ability to multi task and prioritize when needed, comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Registered-Dietition-Job-staten-island-NY-US-111160346.aspx

Clinical Nutrition Services - Supervisor

Clinical Nutrition:

Enter a New Era at NYP

At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, we are firm believers in the power of nutrition to heal, the importance of diet and nutrition to well-being, and the value of the Registered Dietitian as a member of the interdisciplinary team. As New York's #1 hospital, we're a center for innovative dietetic care. Now, you can become one of the people who Make It Possible:

Clinical Nutrition Services - Supervisor

Explore this clinical nutrition leadership opportunity within our Department of Food and Nutrition. In this role, manage inpatient and ambulatory care clinical nutrition services to ensure compliance with institutional policies/procedures and regulatory agencies at the Allen Hospital. Responsibilities include supervising nutrition staff.

The ideal candidate will be a Registered Dietitian (RD) with at least five years of progressive hospital experience in clinical nutrition. Current registration with the CDR and certification by New York State as a CDN are also required. A Master's degree in a related area is preferred. Superior communication and leadership skills are expected.

Enjoy benefits like hospital retirement contributions, hospital housing and financial planning assistance. Reimbursement programs will help you obtain advanced degrees and certifications. We also cover membership with many professional organizations.

Learn more about the outstanding opportunities and benefits that we can offer you and your career. For immediate consideration, apply online at www.nyp.org/careers .

__________________

#1 in New York. #6 in the Nation. - U.S. News & World Report, "America's Best Hospitals 2011 - 2012"

Discover why we're #1 in New York – an unparalleled pursuit of excellence and the widest array of choices for your career.

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.

__________________

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Clinical-Nutrition-Services-Supervisor-Job-New-York-City-NY-US-111067375.aspx

Job Summary
Company
North Country Family Care

Location
Glens Falls, NY 12801

Industries
Healthcare Services

Job Type
Part Time
Employee

Job Reference Code
12993

Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
About the Job
Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist for position in Holistic Medical practice. Part Time, hours flexible, Mail Resume To: 461 Glen Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801

Clinical Dietician
About the Job
CLINICAL DIETITIAN

A 160 Bed skilled nursing facility located in Endicott, NY is seeking to have a Full Time Clinical Dietitian to join our Multi-disciplinary Team.

The primary purpose of your job position includes the assessment of nutritional status, implementation and monitoring of an individualized plan of care and being an active member of the multi-disciplinary team.

Candidates Must Have:
· Bachelor's Degree (Nutrition or Dietetics) or be a
Registered Dietitian
· Be Resident focused – can effectively evaluate dietary interventions
· Financially Responsible
· Hands on attitude (willing to be part of the team)
· Well organized and able to work independently at time
· Possess good clinical and communication skills

If you are interested please stop in the facility and ask for Pat Brown, Registered Dietitian or Marc Walker, Administrator. You may also email your resume at [log in to unmask]

301 Nantucket Drive
Endicott NY 14817
607-754-2705 (tele)
607-754-2610 (fax)

Job Summary
Company
Split Rock Rehabilitation & HCC

Location
Bronx, NY 10466

Industries
Healthcare Services

Job Type
Full Time
Employee

Education Level
Certification

Contact Information
Split Rock Rehabilitation & HCC
Fax: 718-231-5349

Dietitian
About the Job
Long Term Care Nursing and Rehabilitation Center located in the Bronx, New York is seeking a Full Time Licensed and experienced Dietitian. Proficiency with Geri Menu, MDS 3.0 and Tube Feeding a plus. Great team oriented working environment, excellent salary and benefits.

Quality Assurance Manager - Chartwells
About the Job

Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.

LOCATION: PACE UNIVERSITY - NEW YORK, NY

This position is responsible for providing QA support and leadership to RDM, unit managers and chefs to achieve implementation and compliance of Compass Group's Quality Assurance Standards and local/county jurisdiction public health standards.

Responsibilities:

Facilitate and support implementation of Compass Group Quality Assurance Standards in all operations.

Provide weekly audits in all operations on regular basis.
Support investigation of all alleged food borne illness reports, follow protocol and enlist corporate quality assurance support.
Conduct ServSafe training as needed.
Support third party food safety audits conducted on campus, interpret and support corrective action for non compliance.
Conduct Monthly Food Safety Inspections and delegate tasks for improvement.
Provide district and regional support as needed to implement Compass Group Quality Assurance Standards.

Qualifications:

Registered ServSafe trainer with the Education and Foundation
Current or former health inspector or sanitarian for the NYC Department of Health experience preferred, but not required
Excellent oral and written skills
Strong computer skills
Ability to plan strategically for continuous quality improvement of QA program on campus
Registered NY City Food Handler's certification.
Must be able to travel 50% of the time between Compass Accounts
BA degree or equivalent exp
5 years of related experience in foodservice with operations and quality assurance focus.

Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V

Click HERE to apply online.

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Quality-Assurance-Manager-Chartwells-Job-New-York-NY-US-111273564.aspx

· Share with Facebook Friends
· Upload Resume
· Email It
· Save it
· Follow Company
· << Return to search

Not ready to apply?

WellPoint, Inc. is the largest health benefits company, in terms of commercial membership, in the United States. WellPoint works to simplify the connection between health, care and value. We help to improve the health of our communities, deliver better care to members, and provide greater value to our customers and shareholders. As an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, WellPoint serves members as the Blue Cross licensee for California; the Blue Cross and Blue Shield licensee for Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri (excluding 30 counties in the Kansas City area), Nevada, New Hampshire, New York (as the Blue Cross Blue Shield licensee in 10 New York City metropolitan and surrounding counties and as the Blue Cross or Blue Cross Blue Shield licensee in selected upstate counties only), Ohio, Virginia (excluding the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.), and Wisconsin. In a majority of these service areas, WellPoint does business as Anthem Blue Cross, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield or Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (in the New York service areas).

There's something truly unique going on at WellPoint. Everywhere you look, you'll find smart, passionate people dedicated to helping others and making a positive impact within the health care industry. We believe our culture can give us a competitive advantage. We thrive on teamwork and collaboration. We work together with each other, and with the people we serve, and we make a real difference - one individual and community at a time. In fact, if these things are important to you, there's no better place to find yourself than right here at WellPoint.

WellPoint is the nation's leading health benefits company serving the needs of approximately 28 million medical members nationwide.

The Health Promotion Manager consults and designs wellness strategies for employers, consultants and consumers to win new business, retain accounts, and grow membership in all lines of business. Key health promotion activities and responsibilities include developing multi-year wellness plans and engagement strategies, worksite wellness consulting, conducting customer worksite wellness assessments, designing customized wellness solutions, promoting a culture of health, and leveraging WellPoint's wellness and healthy lifestyle behaviors capabilities as market-place differentiators with the employer and consultant communities.

Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:

• Manages wellness strategies and projects for key customers identified by the Director of Wellness, Sales and Account Management, VP Chief Clinical Sales Officer, SVP President of National Accounts, and Local Group Presidents/GMs.

• Reviews and analyzes medical, behavioral, pharmacy, preventive health, health risk assessment, biometric screening, and wellness program data to design customized client wellness strategies and plans.

• Designs unique, innovative wellness strategies and "wellness packages" that are scalable across the National Accounts, Local Group and Consumer segments.

• Manages client worksite wellness service orders, implementation, and interfaces with Product and vendors to insure excellent client service and execution. Consults with Sales, clients and Health and Wellness team on worksite wellness products and services.

• Designs and provides regular training of the Sales and Health and Wellness teams on how to market and implement innovative wellness solutions and best practices.

Requires an BA/BS in Health Education, Public Health or related field; Master's degree Health Education, Public Health or Health Promotion or related health care field preferred. 6 years of experience required; 10 years preferred; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide and equivalent background. Certified Health Education Specialist, Registered Dietitian, Registered Nurse, or Exercise Physiologist preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Additional Preferred Skills:

• Demonstrated success in designing customized health promotion solutions.

• Demonstrated excellence in project management and leadership.

• Solid understanding of health promotion, worksite wellness, and behavior change practices and measurement and evaluation strategies.

• Proven excellence in client relations.

• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented. Strong execution skills and problem solving skills.

• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.

• Demonstrated ability to influence internal/external customers.

• State of the art expertise in health promotion and preventive health.

• Solid understanding of the health care market and industry, health care products, services and delivery systems.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JYR1G46VDGZ2YQ2TGRY&IPath=ILKGV0N

Nutritionist
Visiting Nurse Regional Health Care

· Learn more about this company >>
· View all jobs at this company >>
Apply Now >>
Save it
| Email It
| Print it | Share with Facebook Friends
Job Snapshot
Location :
15 Metrotech Center
10th Floor
Brooklyn Heights, NY 11201 (Map it!)
Employee Type :
Per Diem
Industry :
Healthcare - Health Services
Manages Others :
No
Job Type :
Health Care
Experience :
At least 1 year(s)
Relocation Covered :
No
Post Date :
6/15/2012
Contact Information
Contact :
Cary Hattery
Phone :
718-923-7209
Fax :
718-923-8185
Description
Job Description:
To provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) assessment, care counseling, and education to patients in their homes.

Assess the nutrition needs and identify nutrient requirements according to the patient's age, gender, disease specific needs, risk factors, actual or potential health problems, and nutritional screen score.

Interpret the physician diet order and when indicated make recommendation for diet order modification based on medical nutrition therapy (MNT) assessment of the patient.

Provide MNT counseling to patients in their homes.

Collaborate with patient/caregiver in developing care plan.

Establish measurable patient outcomes.

Continually assess progress or lack of progress in achieving patient outcomes.

Provide nutrition education to the patient and/or family and/or paraprofessional on appropriate or optimal food selections and eating behaviors to achieve MNT care outcomes.

Use verbal and written instructions and educational materials appropriate to patient/caregiver's learning needs.

Provide telephone consultation with other health care professionals to discuss the specific dietary plan, make recommendations for diet order modification, and/or revise dietary plan.

Conference and participate in patient care conferences with Agency staff and other health care professionals

Respond timely to Agency inquiries regarding patient or specific nutrition related issues.

Submit written MNT 60 day summaries and MNT discharge summaries on the appropriate Agency forms and in accordance with Agency policy.

Participate in quality improvement activities and projects.

Attend continuing education programs outside the Agency and those mandated by the Agency.
RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masters or Bachelors Degree with major in Foods and Nutrition or the completion of additional courses as mandated by the American Dietetic Association (ADA) to meet eligibility to take ADA registration exam, and one (1) year of professional clinical experience providing normal and therapeutic nutrition counseling.

CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current New York State Certification as a Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist and Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration with the American Dietetic Association.
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHR7WH6W3ZT5KV3C5QD&IPath=ILKGV0K

Director of Food Services
Waterview Nursing Home
Apply Now >>
Save it
| Email It
| Print it | Share with Facebook Friends
Job Snapshot
Location :
119-15 27Th Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354 (Map it!)
Employee Type :
Full-Time
Industry :
Healthcare - Health Services
Manages Others :
Yes
Job Type :
Restaurant - Food Service
Education :
High School
Experience :
2 years
Travel :
None
Post Date :
6/18/2012
Contact Information
Contact :
Eli Frankel
Phone :
(718) 461-5000
Fax :
(718) 228-0972
Description
MUST HAVE LONGTERM CARE EXPERIENCE

The primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Dietitian in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Food Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the Food Services Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.

· As Director of Food Services, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
· Assume administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of supervising the Food Services Department.
· Inspect food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
· Review and assist in developing a plan of correction for food services service deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such to the Administrator.
· Process diet changes and new diets as received from nursing services.
· Assist the Infection Control Coordinator in identifying, evaluating, and classifying routine and job related food services functions to ensure that tasks involving potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
· Review departmental complaints and grievances from personnel and make written reports to the Dietitian and/or Administrator of action(s) taken. Follow facility's established procedures.
· Assist in developing and implementing a food services service organization structure.
· Assist the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct food services deficiencies
· Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility (i.e., Infection Control, Policy Advisory, Pharmaceutical, Budget, Quality Assessment and Assurance, etc.) as required, and as appointed by the Administrator.
· Provide written and/or oral reports of the food services service programs and activities as required or as may be directed by such committee(s).
· Evaluate and implement recommendations from established committees as they may pertain to food services.
· Meet with food services personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, solicit advice from inter-department supervisors concerning the operation of the Food Services Department, assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the methods of improvement of services.
· Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of food services personnel.
· Ensure that appropriate identification documents, background/security checks, etc., are complete and are provided to the HR Director prior to or upon the employee reporting to work.
· Determine departmental staffing requirements necessary to meet the Food Services Department's needs, and assign a sufficient number of food services personnel for each tour of duty.
· Assist in the development of and participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service training classes that provide instructions on "how to do the job," and that ensure a well-educated Food Services Department.
· Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective orientation program that orients the new employee to the department, its policies and procedures, and to his/her job position and duties.
· Provide leadership training that includes the administrative and supervisory principles essential for the Food Services Department.
· Recommend to the Dietitian and/or Administrator the equipment and supply needs of the department.
· Place orders for equipment and supplies as necessary or as may be required.
· Make periodic rounds to check equipment and to assure that necessary equipment is available and working properly.
RequirementsMUST HAVE LONG TERM CARE EXPERIENCE

· Must have completed and passed Servsafe Certificate
· Must have, as a minimum two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
· Knowledge of local and state health and sanitation and safety codes
· Must have experience in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc.
· Certified Dietary Manager Certificate highly desirable.
· Experience planning menus and ordering all food and supplies
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHT3286B7Q1SSCN3WP5&IPath=ILKGV0J

egistered Dietitian
St. John's Home
· Learn more about this company >>
· View all jobs at this company >>
Apply Now >>
Save it
| Email It
| Print it | Follow Company | Share with Facebook Friends
Job Snapshot
Location :
150 Highland Avenue
723
Rochester, NY 14620 (Map it!)
Employee Type :
Part-Time
Industry :
Healthcare - Health Services
Manages Others :
Not Specified
Job Type :
Health Care
Education :
4 Year Degree
Experience :
At least 1 year(s)
Relocation Covered :
No
Post Date :
6/20/2012
Contact Information
Contact :
Angela Natalie
Phone :
585.760.1464
Description
Part time, 20 hours: 9am-2pm- will be flexible. Must be available to work 3-4 days per week and alternate weekends.
May work some holidays
Responsible for the nutritional care to our Elders. This includes assessments, monitoring assigned residents, participating in multi-disciplinary meetings, family meetings and QI meetings for the Home.
Requirements
BA Degree in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics. Must possess ADA registration.
Must have a current NYS Registered Dietitian license.
One year in long term care is also preferred.

· Company:
Visiting Nurse Service of New York

· Location:
Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn

· Salary/Wage:
N/A

· Job Status/Type:
Health Care

· Industry:
Healthcare - Health Services

· Career Level:
No

· Education:
Not Specified

· Company:
Visiting Nurse Service of New York

· Contact:
Not Available

· Phone:
Not Available

· Fax:
Not Available

· Email:
Not Available

· Reference Code:
20837
·
· Save this job
· Email this job
· Printer-Friendly Version

At the Visiting Nurse Service of New York, we know that our employees are our most valuable asset, so we're looking for the best people to join our team. Why work for VNSNY? We're always working to show you just what you mean to us. Here, get to know the ways we support our employees, the opportunities and benefits, and the excitement of a career at the largest not-for-profit home health organization in the country.

Visit our Website

Dietitian
JOB DESCRIPTION

Responsibilities

· Assesses and evaluates nutritional status of individual patients on a timely basis utilizing professional knowledge, interviewing skills and evidence based guides to provide quality patient care.
· Evaluates patient's physical condition and calculates therapeutic diets to meet the specific requirements of individual patients.
· Establishes nutritional plans on assessment of patient's condition, monitors patients progress and recommends / revises changes in nutritional plan for effective patient care.
· Coordinates with team members and develops patient care plans to meet identified nutrition needs.
· Documents patient care information on evaluation data, treatments, communications on patient's progress, patient's response to interventions and desired goals on a timely basis in patient's medical record.
· Participates in agency in-service education programs, QA review, interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferences.
· Acts as liaison with other community agencies to gather and disseminate information on nutrition trends and changes.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications

Licensure: Current registration to practice as a registered dietitian from American Dietetic Association. Current Certification to practice in NY State. (Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist). Valid driver's license may be required as determined by operational/regional needs.

Education: Bachelor's Degree with major in food and nutrition or equivalent experience. Master's Degree in nutrition or public health preferred.

Experience: Minimum one year of professional experience as a registered dietician required. In lieu of work experience, a Master's Degree in nutrition or public health will be considered. Effective oral/ written /interpersonal communication skills. Bilingual in Spanish Required.
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=J3G38Q67F02SPHLJWDC&IPath=ILKGV0H

Clinical Dietitian - Full Time

Job Category
Clinical Dietitian

Company
Calvary Hospital
Bronx, New York 10461
www.calvaryhospital.org
Job Description and Requirements
Calvary Hospital is the only fully accredited acute care specialty hospital for advanced cancer patients in the nation.

We are currently looking to fill a Full Time Clinical Dietitian position. The ideal candidate will possess an ability and attitude relative to our spirit of kindness, caring and tradition.

Responsibilities include directing the nutritional care of patients receiving end of life care and those patients being treated for complex wounds. This includes the assessment of nutritional status, implementation and monitoring of an individualized plan of care and being a participatory member of the health care team.

Candidates should have at least two years' experience in a hospital or extended care facility and possess the ability to supervise the work of others.

Registered Dietitian status is required.

Calvary Hospital offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.

Please e-mail your resume and cover letter.

Contact
Donna DeEsso, MS, RD, CDN
1740 Eastchester Road
Bronx, NY 10461
718-518-2459 [tel]
718-518-2564 [fax]

[posted Jun 18, 2012]

When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.

Full Time (37.5 hr) clinical dietitian position open at Jewish Home
Lifecare in the Bronx, NY

Facility is an 840-bed long term, subacute care facility. Clinically
advanced practices including enteral feeding, outpatient dialysis
unit, nutrition focused physical assessment, and nutrition care
process.

Entry level dietitians encouraged to apply. Great learning
environment, willing to train.

Annual salary: $51,000 if RD status at time of employment.

Please call Michele, Herbek, MS, RD at 718-410-1522 or email resume
to: [log in to unmask]

Recent Activity:
Chef Kyle Shadix, MS, RD
Culinary Nutrition Communications