From: Ashley Rafalow <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Subject: Internship Opportunity at Just Food
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Rachelle Faroul <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Attiqa,

This year, in partnership with United Way of NYC, Just Food will supply 48 food pantries in NYC with fresh vegetables from local farms through our Local Produce Link program.  As a part of Local Produce Link, we organize trips for food pantry staff, volunteers and guests to visit their farm. Farm trips include travelling to the farm by bus, a tour of the farm, a picnic lunch, and a special project. For more information about Local Produce Link farm trips, please visit http://justfood.org/fresh-food-all/farm-visits

This season we are seeking an intern to help out with the planning, execution, and other administrative support surrounding our farm trips. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable person with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Spanish language proficiency would be very helpful but is not required. Responsibilities will include creation of informational materials, conducting outrach to food pantry guests, attendance at and planning of trips, conducting and analyzing surveys, and the organization/manipulation of farm trip photos.

Please share this opportunity with the MPH Nutrition and CommHe listservs. All qualified applicants are welcome. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Here's to a wonderful 2012 growing season!

Thank you so much,
Ashley Rafalow

--

Just Food