This just in from Public Health Nutrition MPH alumna Arlen Zamula:

Earn money and have fun while making a difference! Apply to become a Play Coach

for Asphalt Green!

Asphalt Green is a non-profit sports and fitness complex on the Upper East Side of

Manhattan. We are presently looking for friendly experienced coaches to staff our Recess

Enhancement Program (REP) for the 2012-2013 school year. REP is a unique community

partnership currently implemented in NYC public elementary schools across Manhattan,

Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens.

Pay Rate: $15/hr

Play Coaches:

- Lead recess at elementary schools and teach kids new games!

- Help children resolve conflicts in positive ways!

- Attend weekly meetings to share strategies, learn and play new games!

Job Requirements:

- Must be available to work 10am-2pm Monday - Friday throughout the

academic year (September through June).

- Willing to travel to schools in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens.

Competitive candidates must be/have:

- Energetic, positive, dynamic and reliable!

- Experience working with youth in an athletic/large group setting.

- Enjoy playing sports and games!

- Experience in NYC public schools or work with at-risk youth is a plus.

- Leadership skills, independence and a passion for working with children.

How to Apply:

If you think you have what it takes to be a dedicated 2012-13 Play Coach please send a

cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]

Please note: We will be conducting demonstration group interviews throughout July that

consist of teaching a recess game to other candidates. You will be selected based on your

cover letter and resume.