FYI:

Edamam is a start-up dedicated to helping people eat better. Our recipe finder includes over 1 million recipes from the best of the web, with full nutritional information provided for each one! We also offer the ability to search by a variety of special diets, such as gluten-free, high-protein, etc. To do this accurately, we rely on the USDA database, but improve upon it constantly to ensure that obscure ingredients and the myriad ways recipes are written translate to real data.

We’re looking for a part-time intern interested in working with us to improve our product. This will involve researching new foods to add to our database, as well as refining what we already have in place. We are also eager to add new diets and some of the work would be dedicated to researching the parameters of these and tagging foods appropriately.

We’re very excited about what we’re building at Edamam, and we believe this internship would be a great opportunity for an interested student to apply his or her nutritional knowledge to the goal of helping people eat better! The internship would require a commitment of 10 hours per week through the end of the year, for which we will offer a weekly stipend of $100. There is the possibility of fieldwork credit for qualified students.

Please contact Hannah Goldberg at [log in to unmask].

May May Leung, PhD, RD

Assistant Professor

CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College

2180 Third Avenue

Ph: 212.396.7774