From: "ny_rd_news" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: October 19, 2012 9:53:09 PM EDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Jobs  Oct 21, 2012

The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD since 2001

To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]

Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than
once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

The jobs listed below are mostly from New York State. Please email job listings
from your area so that the entire state will be covered. Jobs must be received
by Thursday at 3pm in order to be posted for Sunday posting. There is no charge
to post a job on the NY_RD_News List.

Volunteer Opportunity with City Harvest

City Harvest is looking for volunteers to interview residents about food and diet in the NW Queens and Washington Heights / Inwood neighborhoods. This initiative will help City Harvest monitor City Harvest's progress towards desired program outcomes and identify program improvement opportunities. The data collection effort will occur in a three-hour shifts.

Your participation will help City Harvest and local organizations figure out how to help everyone have access to fresh fruits and vegetables and ultimately build a Healthy Neighborhood! For more information on our Healthy Neighborhoods click here..

QUALIFICATIONS:

Interest in food and policy issues and conducting research.

A minimum commitment to volunteer for three 3-hour shifts which are between 9am-5pm on weekdays and Saturdays.

Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a courteous and professional manner.

Bilingual speakers are particularly needed: Spanish, Chinese, and Russian.

Interested persons should please email Brittany Erdman at [log in to unmask]

The White House Internship Program announced today the participants for the Fall 2012 session. The mission of the program is to make the White House accessible to future leaders around the nation and to prepare those devoted to public service for future leadership opportunities.
A White House Internship provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. Interns work in one of several White House departments, including the Domestic Policy Council, the National Economic Council, the Office of Cabinet Affairs, the Office of Chief of Staff, the Office of Communications, the Office of Digital Strategy, the Office of the First Lady, the Office of Legislative Affairs, the Office of Management and Administration, the Office of Presidential Correspondence, the Office of Presidential Personnel, the Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs, the Office of Scheduling and Advance, the Office of the Vice President, the Office of the White House Counsel, and the Office of White House Fellows.
Additional information about the White House Internship Program: www.whitehouse.gov/internships.
For Information about applying: http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/internships/apply

COMMUNITY FOOD PROJECTS COMPETITIVE GRANTS PROGRAM
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) requests applications for the Community Food Projects Competitive Grants program (CFPCGP) for fiscal year (FY) 2013 to support: (1) the development of Community Food Projects with a one-time infusion of federal dollars to make such projects self-sustaining; and (2) Planning Projects to assess the food security needs and plan long-term solutions to help ensure food security in communities. NIFA anticipates that grant funds will be available for support of this program in FY 2013 for approximately $5,000,000. This RFA is being released prior to the passage of an Appropriations Act for FY 2013. Enactment of an Appropriations Act may affect the availability or level of funding for this program.

Only private, nonprofit entities meeting specific requirements as listed in the Request for Applications are eligible to apply. See the grant application at http://www.nifa.usda.gov/fo/communityfoodprojects.cfm for specific eligibility criteria. Applications are due towww.grants.gov by November 28th.

The primary goals of the Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program (CFPCGP) are to:

• Meet the food needs of low-income individuals;
• Increase the self-reliance of communities in providing for the food needs of the communities;
• Promote comprehensive responses to local food, farm, and nutrition issues; and
• Meet specific state, local or neighborhood food and agricultural needs including needs relating to:
o Infrastructure improvement and development;
o Planning for long-term solutions; or
o The creation of innovative marketing activities that mutually benefit agricultural producers and low-income consumers.
Community Food Projects are intended to bring together stakeholders from the distinct parts of the food system and to foster understanding of national food security trends and how they might improve local food systems.

Prior to submitting applications, prospective applicants are encouraged to participate in a Community Food Projects Competitive Grants program pre-application submission webinar. The purpose of the webinar is to discuss the matching requirements and what costs are allowable on the project. The URL address for the webinar is http://nifa-connect.nifa.usda.gov/cfp2012.
It is strongly encouraged that all applications participate in the webinar on October 16, 2012 between 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The webinar will be recorded and posted on the NIFA internet site for future reference.

For further information please contact:
Jane M. Clary
Phone: (202) 720 - 3891
Email: [log in to unmask]

I am looking for an intern to fill a Health Coach position at our Personalized Preventive Clinic at Bellevue Hospital. Would you please broadcast this to the MPH students?

Thank you!
Katelyn

Katelyn N. Edelstein Milavsky
Program Coordinator, MSCI-CER & CER Certification Programs
Division on Comparative Effectiveness and Decision Science
Department of Population Health
NYU School of Medicine
Phone 646-501-2549

HRTP: A Public Health Internship Program of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is pleased to inform you that we are now accepting applications for the spring 2013 session. Applications for spring 2013 are due November 15, 2012. Please note, new this session, to submit an application, students will have to create a user ID/ log on at NYC MED. For more information about the program, for instructions on how to apply or to complete an application, please visit our website.

Open to undergraduate, graduate and professional school students of public health, health education, laboratory sciences, medicine, social work, environmental engineering, public administration, accounting, mathematics, computer science, law, nursing and the social sciences, HRTP offers dynamic internships in public health research, community health outreach and education, fieldwork, laboratory work and public health administration.

In addition to internships, HRTP offers several unique benefits for its students, including advocacy, supplemental curricula, assistance with completion of academic and practicum requirements for various degree programs, work evaluation and file retention so that successful internships may be listed on résumés and used as a reference.

We would appreciate your assistance in publicizing the opportunities and benefits of a public health internship through HRTP. For additional information about the program, for applications, or for answers to frequently asked questions about the program please visit the HRTP website: nyc.gov/health/hurt. For your ready reference or to share with your students, attached please find our electronic brochure and a one-page information sheet.

I look forward to meeting your students.

Please feel free to contact me with your questions or for further discussions about the program.

Best,

Janice Blake, MPH, CHES
Director, Health Research Training Program (HRTP)
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH)

For more information about HRTP: nyc.gov/health/hrtp.

For more information about Epi Scholars:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/hr/epi-scholar.shtml

Spanish Speaking Interns Needed (unpaid – academic credit)
"Your Health-Your Decision"
A pilot program in East Harlem to empower urban elders and other adults to participate in their own healthcare decision-making.

Hours: Spring semester, 2013; must be available Friday mornings, potentially some Monday mornings and have the ability to prepare materials on own at other times. Requires up to 8 hours of commitment per week.
Position Description: Assist SUNY - Downstate doctoral student in delivering one hour long discussion/skill-building workshops to bilingual adults in senior center setting in East Harlem. Assist with recruitment and facilitation of several focus groups following the workshop series. Intern will also assists with collection of data and some analysis. Intern will need to co-facilitate in Spanish and English fluently and will be required to translate some documents and taped focus group sessions. Up to 3 interns may be chosen.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Fluency in both English and Spanish.
• Good cross-cultural communication skills, experience with public speaking, and ability to work with educators and diverse community members.
• Interest in health communications, health/community empowerment, community health.
• The ideal candidate will be a student in a public health or a health professions program and will have a high level of cultural competency necessary to work with diverse communities.
• Computer proficiency and reliable access/use of email.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Deadline is November 15th, 2012. Please send cover letter and CV to Nathan Boucher ([log in to unmask]) for immediate consideration. For appropriate applicants, an in-person interview will be required as part of the application process.

Below are the details of a new job we are offering here at Taste Buds Kitchen. If you'd be so kind as to send the details out to your student body who may be interested in a part-time job opportunity.
Taste Buds Kitchen is looking for a creative, solution-oriented thinker who has experience with working with children and enjoys teaching and baking. We need a dedicated sales associate to join our team during this exciting period for a small fast-growing company. If you think you're the team member we're missing, who can help us ensure a strong operation of our kiosk at FAO Schwartz, think outside the box to help us build our original brand, and be a cheerful presence for our adult and child customer base alike, then please read on!
Key Personality Traits:
• Punctual, neat, and organized
• Alert, friendly and engaging as a sales person
• Clear and patient for teaching and for producing sales
• Excellent written and verbal communication
Daily Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Perform daily opening and closing checklist
• Keep kiosk stocked, organized and in good working order (inside and out)
• Prepare for Creation Station Experience
• Ensure customers purchase products at Kiosk
• Maintain accurate square register sales
• Track Sales, issue Refunds, text/email receipts or issue Paper Receipts
• Help keep TBK brand consistency on all take-away materials
• Refer clients to TBK for classes and events
• Maintain Weekly Inventory
• Receive shipments and track Orders
• Include in daily recap that items were received and any notes.
• Process for damaged items
• Keep good communication with Manager
Hours:
• Wednesday 1-8pm
• Thursday: 5-7pm
• Friday: 1-8pm
• Must be flexible with weekends and additional availability preferable. Compensation is $10/hour
To apply please email [log in to unmask] with your resume and a few sentences on why you'd be a good fit for the job. Must be available for the above hours with flexible additional availability during the peak holiday season. Include "FAO Sales Associate: Your Name" in the subject line of the email.
PUBLICITY BLURB After months of planning, Taste Buds Kitchen is officially open for business at our new location in the flagship Fifth Avenue FAO Schwarz store! All of our favorite Kids Cooking Merchandise is for sale in our brand new retail kiosk, located on the 2nd Floor. Think utensils, books, aprons, baking kits, cookie cutters and more! And while you're there don't forget to try our Design a Cupcake Station to create a cupcake masterpiece of your very own. We are open Sun-Th 10:00am -- 7:00pm and Fri & Sat 10:00-8:00pm. Please note that there are no classes offered at this location of TBK but we're sure to fulfill all of your kids' cooking shopping and decorating needs! We hope to see you soon.

Registered Dietitian

FULL-TIME REGISTERED DIETITIAN
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Registered Dietitian in our Dialysis Center. This opportunity for a Registered Dietitian to work as part of interdisciplinary team has responsibilities including but not limited to interviewing patients, conducting nutritional assessments, evaluating monthly laboratory results and developing plan of care that incorporates continuity of care for patients, providing dietary education and documentation, conducting QA/PI and reporting findings and attending and participating in various meetings.

Requirements:
- MUST be a Registered Dietitian with the CDR
- MUST have at least 1 yr experience post graduation/internship, dialysis center experience preferred
- CDN preferred

We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package, that includes on-site parking. For immediate consideration email your resume to:[log in to unmask] AND complete an online application at:www.kingsbrook.org/employment
For more information about Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, please log on to our website www.Kingsbrook.org.
EOE M/F/D/V

Clinical Nutritionist / Registered Dietitian (RD)
Clinical Nutrition:

Enter a New Era at NYP
Nutritionists at NewYork-Presbyterian never stop innovating. The best in the field, our Nutritionists have moved beyond diet into the realms of preventative and community care. We employ a consultant-like approach along with state-of-the-art technology to support clinically diverse cases. We're respected, participating members of the multidisciplinary team. And we're currently reporting our highest ever patient and employee satisfaction scores. You can help Make It Possible.
Bring your acute care experience to a department that has contributed substantially to the study of nutrition and its relationship to various diseases. Here you will work with dynamic colleagues and a diverse in-patient population. You will have the opportunity to educate dietetic interns and staff, as you develop nutrition treatment programs to ensure optimal nutritional care, in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
Clinical Nutritionist / Registered Dietitian (Inpatient) - NewYork-Presbyterian/Allen Hospital
The ideal candidates must be Registered Dietitians or registration eligible, having completed an internship from an accredited ADA program or equivalent experience. NYS certification is required post-registration, Master's degree is preferred. Bilingual (English-Spanish) skills are a plus. At least one year of acute care experience is strongly preferred.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, generous reimbursement programs help nutritionists seek advanced degrees and certification. We even educate our hospital colleagues, efforts recently recognized by the American Dietetic Association.
Join the world-renowned Department of Food and Nutrition at NewYork-Presbyterian. Be inspired by amazing nutritional care.

__________________
#1 in New York. #7 in the Nation. – U.S.News & World Report, "America's Best Hospitals 2012-2013"
Discover why we're #1 in New York – an unparalleled pursuit of excellence and the widest array of choices for your career. Learn more about what we can offer you at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Clinical-Nutritionist-Registered-Dietitian-RD-Job-New-York-City-NY-US-115333621.aspx

Registered Dietician
About the Job
Description
Pine Valley Center for Rehab and Nursing, located in Rockland County is seeking an experienced Part Time Registered Dietician to join its dedicated team of professionals. The facility is undergoing total remodeling and expansion to continue its reputation as a premier Rehab and Nursing facility. Competitive Salary and Benefits package available.

Requirements
The Registered Dietician is responsible for providing medical nutrition therapy to patients as assigned in accordance with established policies. This includes completing patient/family interviews, medical record review, formulating nutrition care plans, collaboration with other disciplilnes caring for patient, nutrition education/counseling, approprriate medical record documentation and food preparation oversite.

The proper candidate should have at least 1 year experience in a health care setting preferably long term care of sub-acute and prior clinical experience working with the geriatric population.

Please fax resume to 845-352-2704 or email to [log in to unmask]

Production Manager - Food & Nutrition
COMPANY INFORMATION
"A Legacy of Success"
Year after year, Catholic Health has continued to invest in the latest
technology and treatments to improve the lives of cardiac patients in
Western New York. And our hard work has paid off. New YorkState
identified the Catholic Health network as having the best results for
cardiac intervention and coronary bypass surgery. This success can
be attributed to the total team approach, which ensures that patients
have access to the best doctors, nurses and healthcare
professionals every step of the way.
(EOE M/F/D/V).

POSITION OVERVIEW
"Production Manager – Food & Nutrition"
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating food service activities
for the hospital and skilled nursing facility. Responsibilities include food preparation,
production, assembly, service and distribution for patients, residents, employees,
visitors, guests or catered events. Responsible for the procurement of all supplies
required for department operations. Directs and coordinates inventory levels with
production requirements. Ensures staff adheres to standardized recipes,
menus, safe food handling practices, cleaning and sanitizing of work areas.
Works towards obtaining operational goals associated with the department.

In the absence of the Director of Food and Nutrition Services, is responsible for
the operation of the entire department.
Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with established hospital and
department policies, procedures, objectives, standards for hygiene, personal
appearance, CHS mission, performance improvement program, safety,
environmental and infection control standards.

SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Associate Degree in Food Management required –or-
Associates Degree and equivalent experience and skill set in food service
Bachelor's Degree in Food Service strongly preferred

EXPERIENCE
Three years experience directing staff in food service operations in
either healthcare or hospitality environment

BENEFITS
Catholic Health strives to accommodate the needs of its associates by offering
a variety of comprehensive benefit coverage options.

• Health/Prescription Drug
• Dental
• Vision
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Optional Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability

Basic life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage is
provided at no cost to eligible associates.

Benefits eligible associates accrue paid time off (PTO) for vacation, holidays,
personal, and short-term sick time, as well as long term sick hours in the event
of an extended illness or injury.

Catholic Health sponsors 2 types of retirement arrangements. A defined benefit
pension plan, which is 100% paid by the employer, is offered to associates who
meet the eligibility requirements. A voluntary 403 (b) plan, which is available to all
associates immediately upon hire, is available to further assist you in retirement
planning.

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Production-Manager-Food-Nutrition-Job-Buffalo-NY-US-113365462.aspx

Per diem Spanish-speaking RD for Private Practice
Job Category
Consulting
Company
Forest Hills Wellness
Forest Hills, New York 11375
www.foresthillswellness.com
Job Description and Requirements
Forest Hills Wellness, (www.foresthillswellness.com) a busy and diverse nutrition practice in Forest Hills, NY, is seeking a bilingual Spanish speaking RD to provide outpatient nutrition counseling 2-3 shifts per week. Hours are flexible. Practice counsels patients for diabetes, weight management, bariatric surgery, hyperlipidemia, and more. We see pediatrics and adults. Successful candidate must have good interpersonal and communication skills. Minimum of 2 years counseling experience post clinical work preferred.

Send resume via fax to 718-261-2262 or email [log in to unmask] with RD position in subject line.
Contact
Dara Bergen
112-41 Queens Blvd, Ste 100
Forest Hills, NY 11375
718-544-0770 [tel]
718-261-2262 [fax]
[posted Oct 16, 2012]
When responding to this opportunity, reference nutritionjobs.com.

Title: Quality Control/Quality Assurance- Consumer Affairs Assistant
Position Type: Full-Time
Company Name: FoodMatch, Inc.
Location: Manhattan, NY
Experience: 1-2 years Quality Assurance/Consumer Affairs

FoodMatch, Inc., a specialty food importer and manufacturer of Mediterranean olives, antipasti and ingredients, has an opening for a Quality Control/Quality Assurance- Consumer Affairs Specialist. As part of the Quality Assurance team, this new role will act as back up for the Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Manager and will be the primary contact for any Quality Control/Quality Assurance issues.

Job Responsibilities

• Respond directly to customer requests and questions via email and telephone.
• Conduct organoleptic (flavor, texture, etc.), chemical (pH, salinity), and packaging and product reviews against specification.
• Conduct investigations of quality complaints.
• Prepare formal letters and email correspondence to our customers and sales team regarding Quality Control/Quality Assurance issues.
• Work with insurance companies to ensure swift and appropriate response to all claims.
• Conduct annual mock recalls.
• Prepare reports, presentations, and generally assist the Product Development and Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Teams.
• Act as a liaison between the various company teams to ensure that all projects meet their scheduled deadlines.
• Complete new label creation forms and review material against the information on file.
• Organize and update Quality Control/Quality Assurance and Product Development files and records.
• Organize and track Quality Assurance/Product Development samples.
• Fill out and/or assist customers with completing new item set up forms.
• Perform warehouse visits to gather samples.

Skills Required

• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are a must.
• Technical and scientific experience and knowledge are required.
• To be successful in this role, you will need to become an expert on products and quality standards.
• Candidate must be able to lift cases that may weigh up to 20 lbs.

Qualifications

• B.A./B.S.
• Professional experience responding to customer complaints.
• Professional experience working in a laboratory or production facility preferred.
• Basic knowledge of nutritional science.
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Comfortable with public speaking under pressure.
• Ability to transpose detailed and technical information to `laymen's terms'.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Passion for food and/or cooking .
• Adept at Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Confident in ability to learn new computer programs.
• Valid driver's license.

We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Please email a current resume and a cover letter with your salary requirements to [log in to unmask].

Please, do not call about this position.

Recent Activity:
Chef Kyle Shadix, MS, RD
Culinary Nutrition Communications
www.chefkyle.com