This is being forwarded to you from FNCE in Philadelphia.  / as

The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD

General Manager/Executive Chef - Acute Care
Cura Hospitality is a highly responsive and innovative dining services and hospitality provider committed to exclusively serving fresh, nutritious and delicious foods to senior living communities and regional hospitals throughout the mid-Atlantic region of the United States. Our experienced clinical and food service professionals share an attention to detail, a willingness to customize, and a hands-on style that offers our clients a truly unique dining experience.

Due to potential growth in our hospital business in the Eastern New York region, we may be seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:

* General Manager
* Executive Chef
* Patient Services Manager
* Retail Manager
* Clinical Dietitians
In order to maintain our high standards for quality and service, we need the most knowledgeable individuals in the business. Providing great benefits like some of those listed below helps us attract and retain successful and talented management.

* Excellent, performance-driven salaries
* Annual performance evaluations
* Advance scheduling
* Medical, dental, and life insurance
* Profit sharing and 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation
* Tuition reimbursement
* Opportunities to regularly interact with upper management
* A company commitment to continuous learning
* A comprehensive training and development program in our field

Requirements vary by position. However the following requirements are desireable:
• 3+ years in a leadership role within a hospital setting (management, culinary or clinical).
• Bachelor Degree in nutrition, culinary or hospitality-related field.
• Registered Dietitian.
• Certified Dietary Manager certificate.
• Proven experience leading a professional team and mentoring hourly staff.
• Proven experience in patient services programs and driving food quality through Press-Gainey surveys.
• Prevous experience utilizing corporate recipe and production programs.
• Fluency in Microsoft software.

Click Here To Apply
http://eatnpark.hua.hrsmart.com/pm_module/cgi-bin/click.cgi?job_id=1009&site_id=35

Registered Dietitian - Must Speak English/Mandarin or English/Korean

The Judge Group is looking for a Registered Dietitian who speaks either English/Mandarin or English/Korean, for a full time, permanent position with one of our major healthcare clients. If interested please send resumes to [log in to unmask]<mailto:hnn%40judge.com> or call Helanaat 888-228-7162 ext. 1442 for more information:

Position Summary:
• Reports to the Clinical Manager working in a team setting conducting nutritional assessments to determine dietary needs for a frail adult population. Provides necessary consultation and teaching to members, families/caregivers, and team
• Communicates complex information and interacts through electronic documentation/tools

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver and direct nutritional care and services for members
• Evaluate members' nutritional status utilizing various assessment tools and obtains primary care physician's orders
• minimum of 4 nutritional assessments daily.
• Calculate nutrient intake integrating the nutrition treatment plan into the overall care plan; collect laboratory data, and consult with the Care Team, Clinical Manager and Medical Director as appropriate; assess food preferences, preferred methods of preparation including cultural and environmental factors influencing dietary intake.
• Educate members and care givers about the need for and preparation of therapeutic diets as part of the care plan
• Complete and maintain the necessary medical records
• Participate in quality management activities and educational programs designed for members, families/caregivers and staff.

Education:
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Required: NY State Registered Dietitian.

Preferred Qualifications:
Education:
Preferred Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection by NYC Dept of Hygiene as of 8/2009.

Food & Nutrition Operations Manager
About the Job
Permanent Career Opportunity
For Details or to Apply: email [log in to unmask]<mailto:s.fiske%40carrollpermmed.com> or call 866-657-3020
Our hospital is one of the most comprehensive university hospitals in the world. With our dedicated staff, modern facilities, state-of-the-art technology, commitment to quality care, and role in educating, we have earned a reputation as a healthcare leader. We are ranked higher in more specialties than any other hospital in the New York area.
It is an honor to work at this Medical Center. Here, business professionals bring pride and passion to meeting the nutritional needs of 5,000 patients and 11,000 staff and visitors each year. Our department was recently honored by the American Dietetic Association for standard-setting innovation.
Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare at the #1 ranked hospital in New York. We are currently searching for anexperienced Food and Nutrition Operations Manager. Duties and responsibilities are: supervise the development, preparation and distribution of food products for patients and visitors. Maintain a customer oriented and friendly menu selection, and foster superior hospitality. The successful candidate will work closely with hospital leadership to ensure best-in-class food service. Supervision covers budget allocation to menu planning, staffing, strategic planning and regulatory compliance.
Key requirements are: Bachelor's Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Food Administration or a related field. At least five years of food service management experience is required. We are especially interested in candidates with strong healthcare food management experience. Registered Dietitians with NYS certification are preferred.
Our employees are the cornerstone of our commitment to caring. Inreturn for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent salary plus Bonus and extremely generous benefits (including an amazing retirement plan), on-site housing, generous tuition reimbursement, plus unlimited opportunities for growth.
You have a choice of living within the bustling city or one of the many surrounding suburbs. Public transportation to our medical center is very convenient. NYC is one of the greatest cities in the world. Great hospital, great city, this is truly the best place to work and live.
For more information contact, Sheila Fiske, Director HealthcareRecruiting, Carroll Permanent Medical Professionals (Carroll Perm Med); call toll-free: 866-657-3020 or email your resume to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:s.fiske%40carrollpermmed.com>
Evenings, weekends and holiday consultations are welcome. We will work around your schedule. This healthcare facility does not sponsor visas.

Spoons Across America seeks volunteers for its free food/ nutrition program Take a Taste with Spoons (TAT) happening in public schools across NYC this October! TAT provides 3rd grade students the opportunity to learn about the elements of taste, the importance of locally grown fruit. Through discussion, observation, and tasting students compare and contrast characteristics of different varieties of apples in order to identify nuances and to expand sensory vocabulary. Spoons seeks volunteers to aid in curriculum packing (Oct 11 and 12) and during program week (October 22 to 26) for a one 1-hour shift during the school day (8AM to 3PM). If you need more info or are interested in participating complete the Volunteer Registration Form available on the Spoons website:
http://spoonsacrossamerica.org/?page_id=298

R&D Principal Scientist - Beverages Nutrition

Work with North American and global beverage business of PepsiCo to provide support the nutritional support for Gatorade branded products.Contribute to the development of research and communication strategies working closely with sports science and sports nutrition experts. Engage with a wide range of stakeholders from academia, trade bodies, government and non-government organizations concerned with the health and nutrition impact of sports nutrition products s in the US and globally

• Support the development of nutrition science and strategies for the global beverage portfolio in relation to hydration and sports nutrition.

• Partner with product development teams to support the creation of compelling nutrition solutions that differentiate PepsiCo products and connects to long term research initiatives.

• Partner with Marketing and corporate Communication teams to provide expertise on the translation of nutrition science into compelling communication messages that provide credible science aligned with specific BU goals.

• Develop and maintain effective working relationships across a wide range of key internal and external stakeholders to support business growth.

• Mentor, coach and share expertise with nutrition and other PepsiCo individuals and teams team in selected fields of nutrition science.

• Provide support to the implementation of portfolio transformation strategies to achieve human sustainability goals and metrics.

Qualifications:

• PhD in physiology, nutrition, biomedical or sports science.

• At least 8-10 years of experience in the food or beverage business, preferably within an R&D function.

• Knowledge of nutrient metabolism and relationship of nutrient intake to sports performance and recovery from exercise.

• Creativity, Innovation and excellent communication skills

• Proven collaborative, leadership and influencing style

• Ability to manage and help technical and non-technical partners understand nutritional complexities across R&D, business partners and corporate functions.

• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills demonstrated by the ability to positively influence within and outside the organization

• Ability to interpret complex data, turning test results into business-focused technical solutions

• Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time

Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/R-D-Principal-Scientist-Beverages-Nutrition-Job-Valhalla-NY-US-114953924.aspx

Veterans Administration New York Harbor Healthcare System (NYHHS) is currently seeking dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic RD's to join our team of clinical dietitians. Minimum qualifications registered dietitian (RD) and NY State Licensure. Masters and Advanced Practice Certification in specialty area preferred. We are soliciting resumes now for positions which we anticipate becoming open in this fiscal year which begins on October 1st, 2012.

To learn more about careers at NYHHS please visit http://www.nyharbor.va.gov/careers/
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume via email ( including preferred campus (1) Manhattan, (2) Brooklyn, (3) Queens) to: Gail Schechter, MBA, RD, CDN, Chief Clinical Nutrition, VA New York Harbor HCS, Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:Gail.Schechter%40va.gov>