Volunteer with City Harvest!

Interested in sharing tips and skills on healthy eating with fellow New Yorkers?  City Harvest is looking for volunteers to help in our nutrition education programs. You can donate your time to help people like Lisa Rivera, who was a participant in City Harvest’s Nutrition Education program and is now a volunteer. Check out her story!

Volunteer Opportunities:

City Harvest programs are conducted in our Healthy Neighborhoods (South Bronx; Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, Washington Heights-Inwood, North West Queens, and the North Shore of Staten Island) and are held mostly Monday-Friday between the hours of 11AM-8PM.

To become a volunteer, you are required to attend an orientation at the City Harvest office located at 6 East 32nd Street (between 5th and Madison Avenues). To RSVP for available orientation dates, please check Volunteer Spot or contact Brittany Erdman at [log in to unmask].

·         Saturday January 12th from 9:30AM-10:30AM

·         Tuesday January 15th from 5:30PM-6:30PM

·         Saturday February 2nd from 9:30AM-10:30AM

·         Wednesday February 13th from 12:00PM -1:00PM

·         Wednesday February 20th from 6:00PM -7:00PM

·         Tuesday March 12th  from 6:00PM -7:00PM

·         Wednesday March 20th from 12:00PM-1:00PM

In the spirit of the New Year, I want to share what our volunteers and partners like you helped us achieve in 2012.  Through the dedication of City Harvest volunteer chefs, nutritionists, and class managers we were able to:

v  Complete 73 healthy cooking and nutrition education courses

v  Conduct 109 Cooking Demonstrations at our Mobile Markets and local supermarkets!

v  Lead 46 interactive Shopping Workshops (over 4 times the number of workshops completed in 2011)!

v  Train preschool teachers to administer nutrition education lessons to their students!

v  Still not convinced of our work? Check out this video highlighting a City Harvest participant turned volunteer!

Though these accomplishments are tremendous, we need even more help from our amazing volunteers in 2013. We are increasing all of our programs and there are plenty of fantastic opportunities for current and new volunteers to promote healthy and affordable eating skills to fellow New Yorkers.

http://www.cityharvest.org/

Brittany Erdman

Assistant Manager, Volunteer Services

6 East 32nd St  5th Floor