Thursday 8am-12pm
Food Policy Conference at Teachers College featuring "Healty Food & Community Change" initiative. Live Stream from Teachers College can be found at http://bit.ly/YV5bzB<http://bit.ly/YV5bzBBringing>
Bringing Policy to the Table: New Food Strategies for a Healthier Society The conference will focus on ways to develop evidence-based programs and policies that encourage healthier diets and lifestyles while making healthy foods accessible and affordable to under-served communities. Presenters and panelists will include nonprofit leaders, food and health experts, and NYC, state, and federal legislators. A light breakfast will be served.

Tweet for live screen viewing
#Foodpolicy conference  " #HealthyFood & #CommunityChange " initiative.  Live coverage http://bit.ly/YV5bzB via @nbcnewyork #Nutrition

Saturday

1) "Not Just Talk: Food in the South Bronx" 11am-5pm
From conflict can come progress. On February 16th we create a platform of inclusion, celebration, discussion and action. Join us for a multidiscplinary approach to discuss food and it's affect on the South Bronx (and abroad).

The South Bronx is a community through which millions of pounds of food arrive everyday but curiously enough we have little access to. On that day we will come together in the spirit of progress, action and resiliency. We will explore the themes that create our current reality and then celebrate those who engage, dream big and move forward!
It is a day of talks, visioning, art, music and of course great food and drink.
Don't worry if you can't make it, we will be livestreaming the event.

BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE THIS ISN'T JUST ABOUT THE BRONX! We use the Bronx as an example of a grossly injustice food system and the models by which communities like the Bronx can become more food sovereign.

Register Now: This is an inclusive event, we ask that you support so that we can raise funds to support our Eco- Mobile Market. Pay as you can and come as you are. Space is limited and advanced registration is STRONGLY encouraged.  Registration information found here<http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5259204422/?ref=enivtefor001&invite=Mjk5MzQxMi9rcmlzdGluQGZvb2RzeXN0ZW1zbnljLm9yZy8w&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=inviteformalv2&utm_term=attend&ref=enivtefor001#>  or http://notjusttalk.eventbrite.com/
Location: The Point, 940 Garrison Ave. Bronx, NY 10474

2)  Tedx Manhattan http://tedxmanhattan.org/event/
Live stream 10:30-5:35pm  at  https://new.livestream.com/tedx/manhattan2013.

TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat”. Speakers with various backgrounds in food and farming will share their insights and expertise.

Fern Gale Estrow, MS, RD, CDN
Director of Dietetic Internship Program at Queens College

and

Founder
FGE Food & Nutrition Team
200 West 18th Street, Suite 5G
New York, NY 10011
212/691-5154
Twitter: fge2

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".