Dear Colleagues,

Please save the date for the next lecture in our series, "Perspectives on Aging in the 21st Century." The Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging lecture series is co-sponsored with the Silberman School of Social Work and the CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College, and we are proud to present our next speaker:

Caroline Rosenthal Gelman, PhD, Associate Professor, Silberman School of Social Work
Despite the long-held view that Latinos' value and reliance on family leads to greater involvement of extended family in caring for sick members and reduced perception of burden, some research reports low levels of social support and high levels of distress among Latino caregivers.  Dr. Gelman will explore this seeming discrepancy, presenting  findings from a qualitative study with Latino caregivers which uncovered a complex, multidimensional impact of the value of familismo.  She will describe the variation among caregivers, and present implications for practice, policy and research.

The lecture will take place on Wednesday, April 10th 4-5:30 pm in Room 221 at the Silberman Building, 2180 Third Avenue (at 119th Street).

We look forward to seeing you on April 10th !

--

Carolina Villanueva, MPH
Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging of Hunter College

If you wish to unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF COMHEALUMNI-L".