Please see the message below and the attachment.

From: Jessica Rao [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:18 AM
To: Attiqa Mirza
Subject: New internship opportunities for students with NGO in Ghana this summer

Hi Attiqa,

I am writing to you on behalf of Ghana Health and Education Initiative (GHEI), an NGO that works to enable rural communities in the Western Region of Ghana to improve their children's health, learning success and opportunities by building local capacity and providing resources and support.

Each summer, GHEI provides internship and volunteer programs designed to engage individuals interested in international development and social justice.  These programs offer participants the opportunity to develop and strengthen their skills in cross-cultural communication, project design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and community outreach. Participants will be immersed in a rural Ghanaian community and work alongside local staff members in support of GHEI's health and education programming. During my MPH at Hunter I participated in the Malaria Prevention session. I was able to use it as part of my COMHE fieldwork hours and gained valuable experience in community health education. This would be a great opportunity for current MPH students as well as alumni that may have some extra time on their hands.

2013 Sessions and Dates:
Session 1: Literacy Promotion Project [Internship] (June 1 - 30, 2013)

Session 2: Rural Girls' Health Project [Internship] (June 1 - 30, 2013)

Session 3: Malaria Prevention: Community Health Evaluation (July 8 - 24, 2013)

Session 4: Girls' Empowerment (July 26 - August 11, 2013)
(The application deadline is April 15th, 2013)

GHEI is currently recruiting to fill these positions, and relies on university contacts to help spread the word about these programs.  As a former Serve and Learn volunteer for GHEI, I have seen firsthand the impact of these programs.  I hope that you will join us in circulating this excellent opportunity to contribute to sustainable development work in Ghana.

I have attached the session descriptions, and for more information please visit:
http://ghei.org/volunteers
I am also happy to answer any questions about my experience and can be contacted at [log in to unmask].

Thanks!,

Jessica Rao, MPH

Class of 2009

To unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(COMHEALUMNI-L,SIGNOFF);