Please see the message below and the attachments.

__________

Hi CUNY,

I am thrilled to announce that we have two new positions at WHCP under our recently received NYCDOHMH Enhanced Condom Distribution contract. Under this contract, we will be expanding our outreach team to include engaging with non-traditional sites and high risk venues to participate in the New York City Condom Distribution program. We are looking for candidates who are bilingual English/Spanish, outgoing, organized, & friendly!

  • Health Educator (full-time) -- oversees the Condom Distribution program including a Community Liaison and two peer educators (positions open soon). Requires bilingual English/Spanish, health education experience one-on-one and in group settings, harm reduction oriented, public health degree a plus, familiarity with Northern Manhattan a plus.
  • Community Liaison (part-time) -- works alongside Health Educator to expand condom access and conducts tabling and street-based outreach. Requires bilingual English/Spanish, flexible schedule (evenings/weekends), and familiarity with Northern Manhattan.  Health education/promotora experience a plus.

Additionally, we have two existing positions open in our administrative and outreach departments.

  • Outreach Worker (full-time) -- conducts street-based outreach in Hamilton Heights, Washington Heights, & Inwood neighborhoods to expand syringe access and provide harm reduction supplies/education. Requires bilingual English/Spanish, harm reduction experience, outgoing/friendly/self-motivated personality, and familiarity with Northern Manhattan a huge plus.
  • Administrative Assistant (full-time) -- assists Fiscal Manager with monthly voucher submission, budget preparation and modification, quarterly financial reports and yearly agency wide budget. Requires a bachelors degree in accounting and/or minimum 3 years of professional experience, strong understanding of nonprofit accounting principals, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and FundEZ. Candidates must have extraordinary attention to detail, self-motivated and proactive personality, IT and 'fix-it' experience a plus.

Please pass along to anyone you know who may be looking to work in harm reduction and direct them to follow the application instructions at the bottom of the job description. We are looking to interview and hire candidates as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Warm regards,

Taeko

Taeko M. Frost, MPH
Executive Director
Washington Heights CORNER Project

566 West 181st Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10033
Phone: 212-923-7600 ext. 123
Fax: 212-923-3576

www.cornerproject.org

*C*ommunity
*O*utreach and
*R*esources
*N*eedle
*E*xchange and Harm
*R*eduction

--

Taeko M. Frost, MPH
Executive Director
Washington Heights CORNER Project

566 West 181st Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10033
Phone: 212-923-7600 ext. 123
Fax: 212-923-3576

www.cornerproject.org

*C*ommunity
*O*utreach and
*R*esources
*N*eedle
*E*xchange and Harm
*R*eduction

To unsubscribe from the COMHEALUMNI-L list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(COMHEALUMNI-L,SIGNOFF);