The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD since 2001

To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]

Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than
once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

The jobs listed below are mostly from New York State. Please email job listings
from your area so that the entire state will be covered. Jobs must be received
by Thursday at 3pm in order to be posted for Sunday posting. There is no charge
to post a job on the NY_RD_News List.

Compass Nutrition seeks part time Registered Dietitian (RD) for 1-2 days per week to be part of a growing practice in Manhattan to provide quality individual counseling. Ideal candidate may be a retired RD or stay at home mom/dad RD looking to pick up a few hours of counseling per week.

Responsibilities include:
Providing screening and assessing patients for nutrition risk

Documenting follow up interactions

Creating nutrition care plans and modifying as needed

Possibilities for corporate nutrition wellness as well

Qualifications needed:
CDN Required (can still apply if you are in the process of obtaining your CDN)

RD status being current is a requirement

Outpatient/private practice experience should be a minimum of 3 years (should have expertise in individualized care plans based on personality/culture/lifestyle/emotional needs)

Excellent communication and counseling skills

Time management and organizational skills a must

Personable, compassionate, friendly, responsible and hard working

Computer skills (Microsoft office)

Masters degree a plus

Experience working with eating disorders a plus

Ability to speak Spanish also a plus

Starting hourly rate: $30.00 (days and hours are flexible)

Please email cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Compass Nutrition

Please distribute this info regarding a (time-sensitive) job opportunity at the NYCDOHMH. I asked for more details but it is recommended that folks contact the individual noted below.
The NYC health department, Epi Services program is looking for a coordinator with interest or skills in either question design or analysis. They have 80 days to fill a specially approved position. Can you pass this info along to anyone who might be interested?

They can send their resume to Donna Eisenhower at [log in to unmask].

Edamam is a start-up dedicated to helping people eat better. Our recipe finder includes over 1 million recipes from the best of the web, with full nutritional information provided for each one! We also offer the ability to search by a variety of special diets, such as gluten-free, high-protein, etc. To do this accurately, we rely on the USDA database, but improve upon it constantly to ensure that obscure ingredients and the myriad ways recipes are written translate to real data.
We're looking for a part-time intern interested in working with us to improve our product. This will involve researching new foods to add to our database, as well as refining what we already have in place. We are also adding new diet filters to our recipe finder and building in smart shopping lists, so some of the work would be dedicated to researching the requirements for these and tagging foods appropriately.
We're very excited about what we're building at Edamam, and we believe this internship would be a great opportunity for an interested student to apply his or her nutritional knowledge to the goal of helping people eat better! The internship would require a commitment of 10 hours per week for a period of three months, for which we will offer a weekly stipend of $100. There is the possibility of fieldwork credit for qualified students. Please contact Hannah Goldberg at [log in to unmask].

The International Restaurant Show will be held from Sunday March 3rd to Tuesday March 5th at The Jacob Javits Center in NYC.
The New York State Dietetic Association (NYSDA) is proud to be participating again this year and we have a booth in The Healthy Pavilion booth number #1568, come network with industry professionals.

Although we were limited on the amount of participants for our booth this year, we have made it possible for all NYSDA members to be eligible for a discount pass at only $25 (from the usual show price of $65) just go to this link and fill out the registration information: http://www.internationalrestaurantny.com/?appname=100072&moduleid=0&campaignid=61725813

The show includes hundreds of exhibitors, dozens of presentations and networking possibilities. Note the NYSDA presentation and the networking program with The International Association of Culinary Professionals below:

General information about the show can be found at www.thefoodshows.com

Certified Diabetes Educator Job
Location: Harris, NY, US
Certified Diabetic Educator

Job ID: 2013-8058
# Positions: 1

Job Location: US-NY-Harris

Posted Date: 2/19/2013

Category: Diabetes Education
Shift Type: 4 - Variable Start Time
FTE: 0.5

Normal Working Schedule: Tuesday through Friday 9 to 5 - hours can vary
Campus: Catskill Regional Medical Center (Greater Hudson Valley Health System)
Overview:
A member of the Greater Hudson Valley Health System (GHVHS), Catskill Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is dedicated to providing the highest quality health care to residents of Sullivan County and neighboring communities at its main hospital
Campus: in Harris and at the Grover M. Hermann Hospital Division in Callicoon. The sole community provider of health care in Sullivan County, CRMC offers the most technologically up-to-date methods of diagnosis and treatment.

CRMC's main Campus: in Harris is a 228-bed facility with 64 skilled nursing care beds. CRMC's Grover M. Hermann Division in Callicoon is a 25-bed facility with 10 beds that can be used as either acute care or skilled nursing care.

We offer career opportunities for caring, motivated individuals to carry out our mission and vision.

Responsibilities:

The Diabetes Educator, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and in accordance with approved protocols, provides Diabetes Self-Management Education services to clients/families with diabetes (pediatric, adult, and geriatric). This includes coordinating care, assessing and identifying risk factors, negotiating care plans with the patient, education (group and/or individual), monitoring and communicating outcomes.

Qualifications:

Education/Experience: . BS or other degree required. Registered Dietitian(RD) with current licensure/certification and registration in NYS. Advanced training in diabetes preferred or a minimum of comprehensive diabetes training or equivalent with evidenced CEU's. Two years work experience in field required.

Special Qualifications: Certification by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (CDE) preferred.

Specific skills preferred: Pathophysiology of diabetes; medication management of diabetes, lipids, and hypertension; basic concepts of Diabetes care coordination, self management techniques, motivational techniques and brief negotiation.

Continuing Education ongoing requirement: Minimum of 15 hrs/ year that includes diabetes, educational principles and behavioral strategies.
Nearest Major Market: Middletown
Contact: Human Resources at 845.794.3300 Extension 2045 (or go to website www.crmcny.org and apply online).

North Central Bronx Hospital- Located off #4 subway Mosholu Pkwy stop (2nd to last stop)
Two Clinical Dietitian II positions opens: Need to fill asap!
8am-4pm Shift
9am-5pm Shift

Must work every other weekend with days off during the week.
Full-Time union position with benefits
Salary: $42,820

140 bed facility, adult and geriatric population, computer charting

Job Description:
The dietitian in the Food & Nutrition department is responsible for determining and providing for the clinical nutrition needs of patients, including screening, interviewing, assessment of nutritional status, as well as providing instructions on food and drug interactions and medical nutrition therapy. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds and meetings and interacts with medical and nursing staff as needed to implement the nutrition care process in a timely manner. Maintains liaison with community organization relating to nutrition education programs. Adheres to hospital and department policies and procedures.

Minimum Qualifications
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college, with a major in Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition in a program approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; and
2. Registration as a Registered Dietitian by the AND
If interested please send resume and cover letter to Marie Keogh MPH, RD, CDN [log in to unmask].
Statement about NCB
North Central Bronx Hospital represents the best that a community hospital has to offer: quality care in a friendly and familiar setting. North Central has earned a fine reputation in a number of service areas, including primary care, geriatric services, women's health, asthma programs, and others.

Marie Keogh, MPH, RD, CDN
Sodexo Clinical Nutrition Manager
North Central Bronx Hospital
LIDA President-Elect

The ShopRite of Ellenville, NY is seeking a part-time registered dietitian to work in their retail store

This position will be responsible for health and wellness education and outreach to our ShopRite associates, customers and community partners through a variety of programs such as supermarket tours, workshops, one-on-one consultations, and culinary demos. The dietitian will have the opportunity to promote health and nutrition throughout the entire store helping our associates and customers choose products that support their individual health goals.

Schedule flexible depending on programs being implemented, includes some evenings and weekends.

If interested, please send your resume to
Sarada Bernstein, MPH, RD
(845)649-5932

The ShopRite of Slingerlands, NY is seeking a full-time registered dietitian to work in their retail store

This position will be responsible for health and wellness education and outreach to our ShopRite associates, customers and community partners through a variety of programs such as supermarket tours, workshops, one-on-one consultations, and culinary demos. The dietitian will have the opportunity to promote health and nutrition throughout the entire store helping our associates and customers choose products that support their individual health goals.

Schedule flexible depending on programs being implemented, includes some evenings and weekends.

If interested, please send your resume to
Sarada Bernstein, MPH, RD
(845)649-5932

Calling all RDs
Diet and Nutrition professionals are needed to participate in KIDFIT in the Heights, a family and community wellness fair organized by the PTA Wellness Committee at PS/IS 187 in Washington Heights.

KIDFIT will take place on Saturday, April 27, 2013 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm outdoors in the PS/IS 187 school yard, located at 349 Cabrini Blvd. (between W. 187 – 190 St.), in Washington Heights. The rain date is the next day, (4/28), same hours. The fair features all kinds of sports, dance classes and nutrition and healthy cooking demonstrations that will be fun and educational for both children and adults. Admission is free and is open to the community, not just the school. Typically, this fair attracts approximately 300-400 people, including kids between the ages of 7 - 12 years.
We are seeking diet and nutrition professionals to staff his or her own information table at KIDFIT. You are free to decide the focus of your display or program. For example, some professionals in the past have distributed printed materials about obesity prevention, talked about the amount of sugar in soft drinks with interactive demonstrations, taught portion control through hands on activities, etc. We encourage, when you respond, to check with the fair organizer to make sure no one is planning to cover a similar topic.
We look forward to your participation in KIDFIT! Please contact Susan Saar [log in to unmask] to register to participate.

City Health Works! (CHW!) is a social business (501(c)3) that is building the next generation of Community Health Worker (CHW) systems. Our mission is to create a reimbursable and scalable model to employ local community members as CHWs who operate outside of clinic and hospital settings and deliver proven health interventions in their own neighborhood.
We are currently recruiting Health Coaches. CHW! seeks to hire Harlem residents who are goal oriented, committed to healthy living and enjoy motivating others to achieve their goals. Previous training or work experience in health care is not required. Please see the attached job description for more information.
To apply, please email Donya Williams, Director of Operations, at [log in to unmask]

Donya A. Williams
City Health Works! - Director of Operations
www.cityhealthworks.com
(917) 586-0229

tered Dietitian
About the Job
we are looking for a experience registered dietitian to direct a very upscale rehab nursing home in brooklyn needs to have prior experience in that setting and successful survey. we are offering great salary and benefit package
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Registered-Dietitian-Job-Brooklyn-NY-US-120046488.aspx

At North Shore-LIJ, transforming care begins with empowering you to go as far as your talent and ambition can take you. As the nation's second largest non-profit, secular healthcare system, and one of the nation's leading clinically integrated healthcare networks, we offer the opportunity you need to transform your career as you help us change the future of healthcare.

Whatever your interests and area of expertise, we can connect you with the ideal career. Our health system includes 15 hospitals, long-term care facilities, a renowned medical research institute, three trauma centers, five home health agencies, a hospice network, dozens of out patient centers and numerous physician private practices throughout the area. Our workforce of over 42,000 dedicated employees have access to diverse continuing education (including onsite degree programs), internal mobility opportunities and professional development assistance.

Dietitian - Registered (CE) TEMPORARY
Health care

The North Shore-LIJ Stern Center of Extended Care and Rehabilitation is a 256-bed Joint Commission-accredited sub acute center that provides exceptional care, with our system's traditional excellence and customer focus. The range of specialty populations here include short-term rehabilitation, acquired brain injury and long term care. Join this highly compassionate and competent team.

In this TEMPORARY POSITION the selected team member will assess nutritional needs, communicate the care plan through our written record system, provide counseling to individuals and families, guide food selection and ensure adherence to standards. In addition, you will correlate your dietary plans with other health team members and develop the discharge plan in tandem with other disciplines.

The right candidate is knowledgeable and flexible, with a Bachelor's degree in food and nutrition. ADA Registration and active membership also essential.

To learn more, please visit nslijcareers.com.

Manager - Environmental Services / Evenings
Consummate Customer Care:

Make It Possible at New York's #1 Hospital
Step into the #1 hospital in New York (U.S. News & World Report, 2012-2013), where support services professionals are the heart and soul of our hospital wide mission: Putting Patients First. That means environmental services, laundry, mail room, security, patient transport, food and nutrition, procurement and nursing support services – all united by our passion for exceeding expectations.
Superior safety, logistics and service define our work. Explore this opportunity to provide the leadership that makes it possible.
Environmental Services Manager
Assume leadership of Environmental Services and Transport across NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, the top tri-state-area hospital on this year's U.S.News & World Report America's Best Children's Hospitals listing.
Within North Manhattan's most comprehensive medical center, you will empower Support Services professionals to deliver extraordinary guest experiences. Be the face of caring, proactive customer service, on the campus of a nationally leading Ivy League medical center – a career-making opportunity.
Serve as a liaison to world-renowned medical staff, collaborating to develop practices. You'll ensure the highest levels of cleanliness, safety and hospitality for all patients and employees. You'll develop and implement policies and procedures for the entire Support Services department. And you'll provide inspiring, action-oriented leadership that fosters consistency, results and personalized service across our campus.
The ideal candidate brings extensive leadership and proven experience in customer service and hospitality, not limited to the healthcare setting. A bachelor's degree in health care administration is preferred, while strong organizational, analytical and managerial skills are critical.
Candidates should have five to seven years of relevant experience with progressive supervisory responsibility.

Benefits

First, enjoy benefits including hospital retirement contributions, on-site housing, generous tuition reimbursement, financial planning assistance and more. Then, feel the pride of achievement at New York's top institution. Start your journey now atwww.nyp.org/careers
__________________

#1 in New York. #7 in the Nation. – U.S.News & World Report, "America's Best Hospitals 2012-2013"

Discover why we're #1 in New York – an unparalleled pursuit of excellence and the widest array of choices for your career. Learn more about what we can offer you at:www.nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Manager-Environmental-Services-Evenings-Job-New-York-City-NY-US-119992278.aspx

Part Time Food Editor, Parents/American Baby/Parents.com
The Food Editor coordinates food content for Parents print and oversees the Food channel on Parents.com. This position develops and executes best-of-class editorial programming. The Food Editor understands and leverages all available metrics and research to ensure that short- and long-term editorial plans align with consumer needs and trends.

Essential Job Functions

50% - writes, edits and produces food content for Parents print.
20% - Leads development of innovative food and nutrition videos, tools, and services for Parents.com. Contributes to the development of robust social media engagement.
20% - Develop and execute editorial programming for Food channel, such as stories, recipes, newsletters, channel pages, and blogs.
5% - Understands and utilizes available metrics and research to ensure that short- and long-term editorial plans align with consumer needs and trends.
5% - Monitors and measures competitor activities in the category. Implements proactive strategies to maintain leadership position.

Minimum Qualifications:
All must be met to be considered.

Education:
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.

Experience:
Minimum three to four years writing and editing for publication.
Direct experience writing or editing for a website.
Experience planning or assisting with content such as recipe photography preferred.
Category expertise in food, nutrition and/or parenting.

Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in digital media.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Excellent collaboration skills.
Creative thinker who can develop innovative ideas for tools and Web services.
Solid understanding of online community features and potential of community generated content.

• Location:
New York, NY 10017
• Industries:
Printing and Publishing
• Occupation:
General/ Other: Editorial/ Writing
• Career Level:
Experienced (Non-Manager)
• Job Category:
Editorial/ Writing
• Job Reference Code:
PUBL5570

About Us
Meredith (www.meredith.com) is the leading media and marketing company serving American women. Meredith features multiple well-known national brands - including Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Family Circle, Ladies' Home Journal, Fitness, More, American Baby, Every Day with Rachael Ray and FamilyFun - along with local television brands in fast-growing markets. Meredithis the industry leader in creating content in key consumer interest areas such as home, family, health and wellness and self-development. Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms - including print, television, online, mobile, tablets, and video - to give consumers content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.

Additionally, Meredith uses its many assets to create powerful custom marketing solutions for many of the nation's top brands and companies.Meredith Xcelerated Marketing has significantly added to its capabilities in recent years through the acquisition of cutting-edge companies in digital, mobile, social, healthcare, databse, and international marketing. Most recently, Meredith made a strategic investment in London-based Iris Worldwide, a leader in experiential marketing.

A hallmark of Meredith's business model and financial profile is its ability to consistently generate substantial free cash flow by leveraging the strength of its multi-platform portfolio. Meredith is committed to increasing Total Shareholder Return through dividend payments, share repurchases, and strategic business investments. Meredith has paid a dividend for 64 straight years, and increased its dividend for 18 consecutive years.
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Part-Time-Food-Editor-Parents-American-Baby-Parents-com-Job-New-York-NY-US-120041340.aspx

Wellness Coordinator
Posted on: February 28, 2013
Posted by: Odyssey House Inc
MORE / LESSDESCRIPTION
TITLE: Wellness Coordinator
REPORTS TO: VP, Director of Human Resources
FLSA CODE: Per Diem
PROGRAM: All
MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
The Wellness Coordinator will provide oversight of the Odyssey House R U FIT?! program. The Wellness Coordinator will work with the Human Resources team and the Communication team to increase knowledge and participation in the R U FIT?! Program.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate all aspects of Odyssey House's R U FIT?! program.
• Assist employees with signing up for R U FIT?! challenges through WellCall.
• Travel to each facility and encourage staff participation and adherence to wellness program.
• Market the program by physically placing fliers and signs around the facilities.
• Act as liaison between Odyssey House staff and WellCall.
• Manage all aspects of the R U FIT?! challenges (i.e. sign-up, weekly status, participation and incentives).
• Motivate staff one-on-one and encourage them to partake in company challenges or on-line programs.
• Maintain positive relationships with outside agencies that may be willing to donate education based services of (ie nutrition, diabetes, heart disease, etc)
• Prepare monthly reports for the Senior Management team to track progress and improvement.
• Possibly assist in scheduling facility activities for staff (i.e. yoga, zumba, weights, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. High School Diploma/GED required.
2. Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, Rehabilitation, or Occupational therapy preferred.
3. Minimum of three (3) years experience in related field.
4. Proficiency with computer operation (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook programs).
5. CPR/First Aid Certification required.
MORE / LESSHOW TO APPLY
Please forward cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]

As a complete managed dining services company, CulinArt Inc. manages dining facilities for corporations, law and financial services firms, independent schools, colleges and universities, graduate schools, long-term care facilities and a variety of re creation/leisure destinations across the country.

Our goal is to be the industry leader in providing the highest quality dining service to our clients and customers while striving to provide maximum career opportunities for our team members. Our success lies in our ability not merely to adapt but to revitalize and transform our services continually, pioneering the cutting-edge and unconventional.

In the on-site industry, whether corporate, educational, or leisure, it is our boutique approach to restaurant-style retail dining programs that distinguishes us from the competition. In the field of social catering, we are at the pinnacle of premier caterers.

CulinArt's extremely diverse client portfolio affords great opportunities for career-advancing within the company across multiple industry segments and geographic regions.

Registered Dietitian

CulinArt, Inc. is preparing for another year of substantial growth. We are currently seeking a Registered Dietitian with culinary experience for our Plainview headquarters.

Our comprehensive benefits package includes: competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits, life insurance and a company-matched 401K retirement plan.

Overview:
Directs and oversees all aspects of company nutrition guidelines and initiatives. Develops and implements company policy, promotions, team member training and communication materials as related to nutrition. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of foodservice and nutrition concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of regional nutrition specialists. A wide degree of creativity, high level multi-tasking ability and excellent time management is expected.

Key Responsibilities:
• Manage all nutrition aspects of company foodservice systems, including labeling, marketing, operations, training, menu and recipe development and client and customer relations
• Oversee regional nutrition specialist(s), though travel and remote conferencing
• Keep company current and within federal and state regulations as related to nutrition fact panel, ingredient and allergen labeling
• Maintain in-depth and current knowledge of food and nutrition science and trends
• Effectively communicate nutrition education information using a variety of platforms
• Perform eat well audits and follow-up of company accounts with the assistance of operations
• Guide regional nutrition specialist(s) to respond to customer nutrition inquiries and to present Lunch & Learn Lectures & Culinary Academy with knowledge, professionalism and enthusiasm
• Foster and maintain positive working relationships with all company team members, both in the corporate offices and company account cafes and kitchens
• Participate in the business development process as necessary
• Create, test and write cafe-appropriate, nutritionally balanced recipes for various promotions
• Calculate nutrition facts and maintain recipe database utilizing ESHA Genesis
• Post sample cycle menus, including supporting recipes on company intranet
• Identify needs of clients, accounts and/or customers and develop unique solutions
• Plan and implement w/ marketing department, National Nutrition Month promo
• Write and edit, with the marketing department, CulinArt eat well newsletter & blog
• Lead manager and team-member food allergy training, with the Human Resources Department
• Maintain Registered Dietitian credentials and remain in good standing with the Commission on Dietetic Registration by staying current with Professional Development Portfolio CPEs
• Maintain HACCP Food Safety certification and attend training opportunities as relevant to job
• Perform within ethical scope of dietetics practice and with an overall nature of commitment toward the goals of CulinArt while providing excellent customer service

• BS in dietetics, culinary nutrition, food & nutrition, etc. Master's preferred.
• Registered Dietitian in good standing with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
• 5+ years of foodservice nutrition management experience
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Nutritional Analysis software such as ESHA Genesis
• Experience in public speaking, training and cooking demonstration
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHN6VZ75JLRJ2CT6C42&IPath=ILKGV0A

Food Service Director - Scarsdale, NY
We are currently seeking Food Service Directors who are outgoing, organized, resourceful and have great initiative, to add to our Dietary Team. This exciting position is responsible for all aspects of management in the dietary department including but not limited to management, training, and staffing of dietary employees, purchasing through our online systems, budgeting, weekly QA reporting, monthly QA meetings, relationship building and resident satisfaction. Want to make a difference?

Read on . . .
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee and manage daily food service operations, generally, in one location;
• Assure consistent, outstanding customer service to our clients, the client's customers and/or employees;
• Develop and build dietary team; coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding orientation, production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor scheduling, staffing and employee training;
• Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development;
• Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met;
• Assist in unit forecasting and budgeting;
• Conduct periodic inventory and maintain records to comply with company, government and accrediting agency standards;
• Other duties as requested.
!

Job Requirements
Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelors' degree in Institution Management, Food and Nutrition, or other related fields and CDM or equivalent certification;
• 2+ year's successful experience as Food Service Director in LTC and or Sub Acute setting and 2+ years successful supervisory experience. Proven track record required;
• Strong culinary, customer service, communication, teambuilding, platform, and organizational skills are REQUIRED;
• Polished professional demeanor a must!
• P&L accountability is required and/or contract managed service experience desired.
• Kosher law knowledge a plus!
• The ability to lift and carry 25+ pounds, climb stairs, understand verbal and written instructions, and communicate via email and the telephone.
• The ability to successfully complete a physical exam and complete background check (if you are a final candidate!).
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office required, Meal-Tracker a plus.

Pinnacle Dietary offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, AFLAC, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick days, and more!
Interested in continuing your career with Pinnacle Dietary? Please respond with cover letter stating your qualifications, an updated resume AND 3 year salary history and requirements. Resumes submitted without salary history and requirements will not be considered. No agencies or phone calls, please.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Apply Now
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHT4KT60W3HWSBTMW71&IPath=ILKGV0M

Project Renewal is a nonprofit organization in NYC that works to move homeless New Yorkers from the streets to health, homes, and jobs. Among the many programs we offer is a Culinary Arts Training Program, and Comfort Foods, a social purpose catering company that simultaneously creates jobs graduates from the culinary school and provides nutritious catering services to a range of customers – from other nonprofits to private clients. Among our customers are numerous homeless shelters, many for whom we provide all meals, 7 days a week.

We are currently recruiting a master's or doctoral student to conduct a nutritional analysis of our monthly menu. Our ideal candidate would be able to start in March and will accept school credit in return for their services.

All interested candidates should email Jana Pohorelsky at [log in to unmask] or call (212) 533-8400 x108.

Project Renewal: http://www.projectrenewal.org/
Comfort Foods: http://www.projectrenewal.org/comfortfoods.html

Assistant for Thyroid Nutritionist

This is a position for a marketing, business planning and editorial role at a health and nutrition coaching business. The intern must be able to write well, proof read, be familiar with social media and interested in health/nutrition. The owner might need help in developing new products (eBooks, courses and groups) in which participation is needed. Job will involve developing social media strategy and tactics, creating newsletter content, researching new topics, surveying the audience and writing health-related articles. The job will also involve finding and approaching online magazines for article publishing and collaboration.

The business is only 1+ year old and has been growing rapidly due to a very specific niche: working with women with thyroid and autoimmune conditions.

What YOU will learn from this internship: NUTRITION + GROWING A BUSINESS + MARKETING; namely:

- nutritional knowledge, especially in the area of how food can alter the autoimmune system in today's pandemic of autoimmune diseases

- how to develop products in the services industry

- understanding of the online publishing world (how to pitch articles)

- fundamentals of good copywriting

The founder/owner is a former WPP-company VP of Strategic Planning, and is very glad to impart her skills and knowledge to a keen candidate; therefore a steep learning curve is guaranteed.

The business URL is: www.ThyroidDietCoach.com

The owner's LinkedIn Profile can be found on: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/magdalena-wszelaki/2/924/608

The remuneration is $10/hour and the hours needed vary between 40 to 50 per month.

Any interested students contact Nicole Heisler at [log in to unmask] to learn mor

Recent Activity:
Chef Kyle Shadix, MS, RD
Culinary Nutrition Communications
www.chefkyle.com