NYCNEN's March 15th
General Meeting

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs022/1102322445911/img/6.jpg]

Dear NYCNEN Members and Friends,

We hope that you will be able to join us on
March 15th for NYCNEN's next general meeting, "Exploring the Food Spectrum: From Fresh to Processed."

A great panel of speakers is lined up to discuss our food systems with a focus on processed foods.

Dr. Dimitri, Associate Professor of Food Studies at New York University, will start the discussion by exploring the societal, agricultural, manufacturing and distribution shifts that have enabled the widespread availability of processed foods.

Dr. Koch, Executive Director, Laurie M. Tisch Center for Food, Education & Policy will discuss educational initiatives that can guide food choices and help people navigate processed foods.

Shanon Morris, Associate Director of Community Nutrition, Food Bank for New York City, will discuss  processed foods from the perspective of Hunger Assistance programs and why they are utilized.

 Topic:
Exploring the Food Spectrum: From Fresh to Processed