Two More Opportunities to See New Hollywood Film on Hunger in America: A Place at the Table

The New York City Coalition Against Hunger (NYCCAH) is holding a series of screenings and panel discussions on an important new film about hunger in America, A Place at the Table. We have two upcoming opportunities to see the film, in Queens at the Museum of the Moving Image on April 3rd and at the Brooklyn Academy of Music on April 11th, both at 7 p.m.  For more information, or to register, click here.

The screenings are made possible through a generous grant from the Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund and will be available at no cost for people with limited incomes. Participant Media – the film company that brought us Lincoln, An Inconvenient Truth, The Help, Food Inc. and Waiting for Superman – is behind this ground-breaking new movie on hunger in America, which Magnolia pictures released  March 1st. I’m featured in the film, along with other activists such as Witness to Hunger’s Mariana Chilton, Top Chef’s Tom Colicchio and Oscar®-winning actor Jeff Bridges.

Come learn more about hunger in America and New York City – and concrete steps you can take to build a nation where everyone has access to affordable, nutritious food. I hope you can join us!

Sincerely,

Joel Berg
Executive Director

NYCCAH works to meet the immediate needs of the 1.5 million food insecure New Yorkers while enacting innovative solutions to move society "beyond the soup kitchen."

New York City Coalition Against Hunger.

 forward to a friend

New York City Coalition Against Hunger

50 Broad Street, Suite 1520