Please see the message below.

From: Starbuck, Lila [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 10:58 AM
To: Attiqa Mirza
Subject: Incoming MPH student seeking to share professional Training Opportunities

Dear Attiqa,

My name is Lila Starbuck and I will be matriculating at the CUNY SPH at Hunter this fall to pursue an MPH in epidemiology. I also coordinate and implement a training program for professionals on diverse sexual and reproductive health topics at Planned Parenthood of NYC. We have just launched our new calendar and I would love to share it with any CUNY MPH lists that you might able to pass it along to. I got your email from my predecessor, Leah Graniela. Below is the outreach email, and attached is a calendar document. I would be very grateful if you would consider sharing one of these. Please let me know if you have any questions and if it will be possible for you to spread the word.

Thank you!

Best,
Lila

[c3]

Lila Starbuck
Training Institute Coordinator
Planned Parenthood of New York City
26 Bleecker Street
New York, NY 10012
tel: 212.274.7246
fax: 212.274.7300

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDE4E5.AC4B6B80]

Announcing the new Spring 2013 Planned Parenthood of New York City

Training Institute Calendar!

We have some exciting additions to this spring's training calendar including:

  *   Our NEW reproductive justice 101 training, which will explore how to apply this framework to our work as service providers.
  *   A forum focused on reimagining more inclusive first sexuality talks with young children, in collaboration with author of the new children's book "What Makes a Baby"
  *   A NEW emergency contraception training with a component exploring key access issues for males, youth and public insurance users

Trainings start soon - Wednesday, May 8 - and fill up fast. Sign up<http://www.ppnyc.org/training> now!

THE SPRING 2013 TRAINING INSTITUTE CALENDAR

We are pleased to offer an exciting new line-up of trainings on sexual and reproductive health topics! Training Institute participants can receive Continuing Education Credits from the following membership organizations at no additional cost: AASECT, NASW-NYS, and CHES. For a detailed description of each training, and to register online, click here<http://www.ppnyc.org/training>.

Unless otherwise noted, all trainings take place at Planned Parenthood of New York City, 26 Bleecker Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY, 10012. This space is wheelchair accessible. For more information about accessibility or anything else, call the Training Institute Coordinator at (212) 274-7246 or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
* Trainings marked with an asterisk provide basic knowledge and skills that every service provider should have when communicating about sexuality.

4/30/13 - All of Us: Creating Safe Spaces for LGBTQ Clients (Cost: FREE) *basic - at Queens Library

5/8/13 - Public Insurance and Reproductive Health Care (Cost: FREE)

5/10/13 - Sexual Development Through the Life Course (Cost: $30) *basic

5/14/13 - Beyond "Just Say No": Helping Youth Navigate Consent and Reduce the Risk of Sexual Violence (Cost: FREE) *basic - at Queens Library

5/24/13 - Fertility Awareness Method: Exploring the Option (Cost: $30)

5/29/13 - EC Answers: Emergency Contraception Facts and Access Issues (Cost: $30) *basic

6/6/13 - Talking about Abortion with Confidence (Cost: $40)

6/17/13 - Sexually Transmitted Infections: Clinical Facts and Engaging Educational Strategies (Cost: $40) *basic

6/20/13 - Testicular Cancer and Self Exams: Lessons from "The Testicular Whisperer" (Cost: FREE)

6/25/13 - Forum: Reimagining Sex Talks for the 21st Century:  Inclusive First Conversations about Reproduction and Sexuality with Young Children (Cost: $10)

6/27/13 - Anatomy & Puberty in the Internet Age (Cost: $30) *basic

7/9/13 - Body Image & Sexuality: Making the Connection and Creating Supportive Spaces (Cost: $30) *basic

7/11/13 - Teaching and Talking about Sexuality with Confidence (Cost: $40) *basic

7/16/13 - Reproductive Justice 101: Exploring Strategies and Shifting Our Lens in Our Work (Cost: $20)

7/18/13 - Don't Forget the "Pleasure" in Sex Education (Cost: $40) *basic

Our trainings fill up quickly - Please register today! http://www.ppnyc.org/training

This email is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential / privileged information. Disclosure or use by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender and then delete this and any attachments. Be aware that email communications is not secure - the contents of email messages can be intercepted, misdirected, lost, or otherwise subject to transmission errors and may be received by, forwarded to, or otherwise accessed by individuals other than the intended recipient. Your use of email to communicate protected health information to us indicates that you acknowledge and accept the risks, including those outlined above, associated with sending sensitive personal information via standard email. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone, fax, or mail. If you do not wish to have your information sent by email, please contact the sender immediately.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".