Here’s the link for “Government's Role in Protecting Health and Safety,” a recent NEJM article by CDC Director,  Thomas R. Frieden, MD, MPH

April 17, 2013DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp1303819

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1303819

ALSO

For DASH webinar, see below.

DASH-NY website

About DASH-NY

Questions? Contact us

DASH-NY newsletter

DASH- NY Free Webinar

REGISTER NOW

active-design-guidelines-nyc.jpg

The physical surroundings where we live, work, learn, and play can impact our decisions to be active. The Active Design Guidelines were created through a collaboration of NYC agencies, researchers, planners, and architects to show how changes to the built environment can increase physical activity.

Strategies to Implement Active Design Guidelines into Local
Jurisdiction Projects

Thursday May 16, 2013
10:30AM-12:00PM EST

  Space is limited.  Register Today!!

Credits pending with our Co-Sponsors: AIA NY and APA NY

DASH-NY is hosting this live webinar for representatives from local and state government agencies, professional planners and architects, community-based organizations, and others interested in learning about effective strategies to promote the integration of Active Design Guidelines into public sector projects through RFPs, contracts, and professional standards.

Karen Lee, MD,MHSc, The New York City Department of Mental Health and Hygiene will discuss:

  • Developing intersectoral partnerships within and outside government
  • Framing benefits for your audience
  • Examples of recent NYC laws that promote Active Design

Additional speakers include Joanna Frank, the New York City Department of Design and Construction and Richard Eiden, the New York City School Construction Authority.

co-sponsored by:

           AIANY_.gif           NYMetro_logo_5061 (2).jpg

To participate, you will need one of the following:

  • Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
  • Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
  • iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet

Visit DASH-NY | Unsubscribe

DASH-NY is New York State’s Obesity Prevention Policy Center.
Click here to send us your news and announcements.

1216 Fifth Avenue (at 103rd Street), New York, NY 10029
phone: 212-822-7261, email: [log in to unmask]

NYAM © 2013 All rights reserved.