The City Harvest Evaluation Department has an evaluation effort that we will be conducting from May through July 2013:

Neighborhood Resident Adult Survey

Beginning Mon, May 13, 2013, City Harvest needs volunteers to help us evaluate our Mobile Markets.  We will survey residents of our Healthy Neighborhoods (Melrose in the South Bronx, North Shore in Staten Island, Bed-Stuy in Brooklyn, Washington Heights / Inwood in Manhattan) about their shopping, cooking and eating of healthy foods and assess their level of food security.  The commitment is three, 3-hour (8am – 11am) shifts on a weekday or Saturday mornings.  Survey materials and a vest will be provided for each shift.  Spanish, Chinese and Russian speakers are a plus.  All volunteers will need to attend a one-hour training in advance of their first shift.

NOTE: free round-trip van transportation from Chelsea to Staten Island will be provided for those shifts.

Please contact Basil Reyes ([log in to unmask] ) directly if interested in volunteering in this very rich experience.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and please feel free to forward this notice to a friend of yours that speaks either Spanish, Russian, or Chinese.