From: Janice Blake [mailto:[log in to unmask]]<mailto:[mailto:[log in to unmask]]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:39 PM
Subject: eLearning Internship Opportunity at DOHMH for Summer 2013

Greetings Colleagues:

I do hope that all is well.

As we gear up for another summer internships session at DOHMH, I hope you are able to assist. We currently seek a student with e-technology, curriculum design interests and experience. This unpaid internship is a full time (35 hours/ week) summer opportunity from June - August 2013 with the possibility of continuing into the fall. This experience offers the selected student the opportunity to participate in providing training conduits for the NYC DOHMH staff and health care practitioners throughout NYC.

The intern will assist in the development of instructionally sound e-learning courses; interface with DOHMH personnel and other subject-matter experts to develop e-learning content; create e-learning course graphics and templates; and work closely with the Unit Director to ensure that the Unit provides effective e-learning solutions for our clients.

As the summer session of HRTP begins soon, we ask that you reach out to talented students who may be interested in this experiential learning opportunity.  By May 20th, interested students should email the following to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the SUBJECT: Applying for e-learning internship opportunity: (1) cover letter/ letter of interest; (2) current transcript; and (3) current resume. Please note: late submissions will not be considered. HRTP will forward "matching" candidates to the lead on the project for their review and consideration. Only students under consideration for the project will be contacted. Students will be required to meet additional eligibility requirements for placement. Recent graduates are not eligible to apply.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best,
Janice Blake, MPH, CHES
Director, HRTP: A Public Health Internship Program
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH)
42-09 28th Street, 7th Floor, CN 65
Long Island City, NY 11101-4132

Phone: 347-396-2840