Visit the Science & the City Home Page Science & the City Events Download Science Podcasts Support Science & the City
What's for dinner???

Gluttony: Deconstructing Dinner

For the final event in our Science and the Seven Deadly Sins, we're looking at one of the most indulgent infractions—gluttony!

Specifically, in Gluttony: Deconstructing Dinner, on Thursday, May 23 at 7.00pm, we're looking closely at just what it is that we put into our bodies when we eat some of our guiltiest pleasures.

Dan Pashman, the creator and host of the James Beard Award-nominated podcast and blog The Sporkful, will moderate a discussion with J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, Chief Creative Officer of Serious Eats; Steve Ettlinger, author of Twinkie, Deconstructed; and photographer Dwight Eschliman, who worked with Ettlinger on the book Foodstuff, which examines 75 of the most common food ingredients in detail.

Join us for this insatiable event!

Buy Tickets & Get More Info: www.nyas.org/gluttony

Connect
About the Science Education Initiative

Science & the City is a program of the nonprofit New York Academy of Sciences. Our mission is to increase public science literacy. We publish a comprehensive calendar of public science events in New York City, host events featuring top scientists in their fields, and produce a weekly podcast covering cutting-edge science.

 Support  Contact

The New York Academy of Sciences
7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich St, 40th Fl
New York, NY 10007-2157
© 2013 The New York Academy of Sciences, All Rights Reserved.