Next Thursday May 30 the Assistant Dean of Admissions will be holding an AMCAS Application Workshop for students who are applying to medical school this year.

This workshop will also be helpful for (although not specifically geared to) students applying to Osteopathic Schools, Dentistry and Veterinary school. Specifics about the AMCAS application will be covered in addition to tips about different aspects of the application. This workshop is intended for students who are applying this application cycle as the application changes from year-to-year. Please RSVP here: https://ww3.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth/view.php?id=45

Some Other Opportunties:

MAChO is gearing up for our summer program, and we want YOU to get involved! We are currently recruiting volunteers to help teach and run the weekday sessions and serve as mentors on Saturday sessions.

The program is set to kick off on June 29th and will run until July 27th; sessions will be held at The Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College on 119th Street and 3rd Avenue, NYC. For those of you searching for a meaningful way to spend a month of your summer, look no further! By becoming a part of Weill Cornell's MAChO Program you will be joining a group of like-minded professionals and students in the field of health and more who aim to make a positive impact in the East Harlem community. Weill Cornell's MAChO Program is a holistic and innovative behavioral modification program designed to combat the childhood obesity epidemic at the grassroots level. The program targets adolescents living in underserved communities. Our aim is to incite lasting change by teaching adolescents about the importance of nutrition, fitness and personal development, to empower them to take control of their health and their lives. Our immediate focus is not only on making healthier choices, but also on instilling key values and skills which can be applied throughout one's lifetime.

Our Plan: Children attend weekly sessions in order to master the elements of healthy living. Field trips, fun exercises, delicious new snacks and meals, and weekly prizes will encourage their progress towards healthier choices. Group work as well as individual progress is emphasized. Interested? Of course you are!

Take a look at the attached position descriptions to see where you think you'd fit best. Once you have selected your position of interest, complete this brief electronic application without delay by clicking the link below. Please also send a cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask] Applications are due by Wednesday, May 29th. Placements are limited!

Application Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18B1BvERp5CZrkYdtjFNGHWRSoZfQmu3n4CewUxCPBnA/viewform

For more information: E-mail [log in to unmask] or call (347)746‐2461 Nadya Dillon [log in to unmask] Bak Ko, [log in to unmask]

Volunteer with Dr. Wu. Dr. Albert Wu is looking for an college student to work for him as a volunteer.

Email Dr. Wu at [log in to unmask] for more information

For more information please visit his website http://www.mountsinai.org/profiles/albert-wu

UNDERGRADUATE Students The RAISE-W program is open to undergraduates who are already working in research labs. And it is accepting applications until May 30th RAISE-W ¬ A mentoring and research program for students interested in the empowerment of women in the sciences. Students who are already engaged in lab research are eligible to apply. Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity to join one of SciMON’s research and mentoring programs. http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/scimon/programs/apply

Any questions? Contact us at [log in to unmask] or 212-650-3181.