From: "ny_rd_news" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: June 21, 2013, 10:09:01 PM EDT
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: jobs June 23, 2013

The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD since 2001

To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:NY_RD_News-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than
once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

The jobs listed below are mostly from New York State. Please email job listings
from your area so that the entire state will be covered. Jobs must be received
by Thursday at 3pm in order to be posted for Sunday posting. There is no charge
to post a job on the NY_RD_News List.

Montefiore Medical Center
Dietitian Positions
Full Time

Amublatory OB/gyn Dietitian, Full Time
The dept of OB/gyn seeks a dynamic RD to counsel their patients
in the ambulatory setting.
This involves all areas of woman's health, with special emphasis
on diabetes & gestational diabetes,
as well as research and other special projects.

Qualifications: R.D. with >1 year experience,
preferably in acute care.
Experience in above areas is desirable.
Spanish speaking required.

Very competitive salary – among best in NYC !

Montefiore has over 50 RDs throughout our network.

Please email or send your resumes to:

Miriam Pappo, MS, RD, CDN
Montefiore Medical Center
Department of Clinical Nutrition
111 E. 210 Street
Bronx, NY 10467
718-920-4253
FAX 718-920-4320; [log in to unmask]<mailto:mpappo%40montefiore.org>

[...]

Registered/Certified Dietitian needed in New York.
Work from home to review and approve therapeutic diet menus.
PRN (as needed). Starting approx. August 2013.
Permanent position with Armstrong Nutrition Management.

Armstrong Nutrition Management is an organization of knowledgeable, practical and dynamic dining and nutrition professionals! ANM provides an array of services designed to achieve high levels of quality and cost-effectiveness in every area of food service operations. Company website: www.armstrongnutrition.com<http://www.armstrongnutrition.com>

We are looking for enthusiastic, driven candidates who are passionate about nutrition.

EDUCATIONAL/QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors' degree in Dietetics and/or Food and Nutrition.
Registration with the Commission for Dietetic Registration required.
Must be licensed in the state of New York.

Knowledge of menu approval is required. Must have at least 2 year's experience in approving multiple diet menus.

Services will be performed according to company standards and may include:
• Review and approve therapeutic diet menus.
• The number of therapeutic diets may vary from two to sixteen.
• Menus will be supplied in a digital format.
• Provide all approved menus in a timely manner (deadline will be given).
• Provides weekly report of hours in a timely manner.
• At all times maintains a professional image and works in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the company in mind.

To be considered for a position, please forward me your resume.
Also, please pass this information on to anyone who you feel would be interested.
Thanks!

Jessica Brouwer

Jessica Brouwer
Employee Relations Coordinator
Armstrong Nutrition Management
1-888-760-7003 x2222 (VM)
1-800-430-9616 –Fax

a Entry and Evaluation Assistant
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Eat Well Play Hard Nutrition Program is seeking a part-time assistant from July to September 2013. Work with program staff to gain first-hand experience with nutrition education program data and evaluation in a public health setting. The position includes inputting and managing program data for the EWPH program 25-30 hours per week at Long Island City office. Experience with data entry and knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred. Pay rate commensurate with experience. If interested, please email resume to Christina Dyer at [log in to unmask]<mailto:cdyer%40health.nyc.gov>.
***************************
Christina Dyer, MS, RD
EWPHCCS, Food Access and Community Health Programs
Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Tobacco Control
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
42-09 28th Street, 9th Floor, CN 46
LIC, NY 11101-4132
Office: 347-396-4237
Fax: 347-396-4359
[log in to unmask]<mailto:cdyer%40health.nyc.gov>

Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency in Minority Adolescents: A Clinical
Study of Vitamin D Repletion in Bronx, NY at Children's Hospital at Montefiore

An exciting clinical research opportunity focusing on Vitamin D
deficiency, a current hot topic in Pediatrics and many other fields
(Endocrinology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Infectious
Disease and more)! Vitamin D deficiency is a prevalent and silent
problem, especially in obese and minority youth living in northern
latitudes. There are no evidence-based guidelines for treatment in
adolescents. Goals of our project are to compare demographics,
adherence and health benefits in adolescents with vitamin D deficiency
using (1) a questionnaire addressing measures of cardiovascular risk
factors, immunity, asthma severity and musculoskeletal symptoms (2)
measures of handgrip muscle strength and waist circumference. Vitamin
D deficient adolescents will be randomized into three treatment arms
and followed up at 3 months and 6 months. Our clinical sites include
inpatient and outpatient practices at the Children's Hospital at
Montefiore. We are seeking motivated pre-medical students (or any student interested in research)
who aspire to be part of a clinical research team that recruits
patients, administers questionnaires, performs simple physical tests
of hand-grip strength and assists in building a database. Mentorship
for an independent project using data collected by the student will be
offered. Opportunity to gain skills using STATA software also
available. We are looking for motivated students who may be interested
in a fall or spring semester (fall 2013, spring 2014) commitment to
the study team. Ideally, we ask a 2-3 day minimum commitment. If you are interested in learning about clinical research in Pediatrics and
joining our team, please contact Dr. Hina Talib, Adolescent
Medicine at [log in to unmask]<mailto:htalib%40montefiore.org>.

UNITED COMMUNITY CENTERS
613 New Lots Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11207
Phone: (718) 649-7979
Fax: (718) 649-7256
www.ucceny.org<http://www.ucceny.org>
www.eastnewyorkfarms.org<http://www.eastnewyorkfarms.org>
Job Announcement
Development Associate
United Community Centers (UCC) is a multi-service community-based organization located in East New York, Brooklyn. For more than fifty years, UCC has been a front-line service provider in one of New York City's most underserved neighborhoods and has partnered with residents to respond to the changing needs of our community. From the beginning, our mission has been two-fold: to provide needed services to families, adults and young people; and to involve residents of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds in social efforts to collectively learn about and resolve community issues. What sets us apart as a community-based organization is our 55 year history in the community, which is a reflection of our commitment to the neighborhood. Our current programs encompass: an affiliated day care center for 165 pre-school and school age children; ESOL and civics classes; immigration assistance; intensive HIV/AIDS prevention and women's health education; and East New York Farms!, a food justice project. Our combined annual budget, which includes our early childhood program, is between 1.5 - 1.6 million.
UCC seeks an experienced Development Associate to research potential funders, develop proposals, and communicate with current funders. This position also includes assisting with program expansion and supporting the overall development strategies of UCC.
Primary responsibilities include:
a. Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundations, federal and corporate sources
b. Develop an understanding of organizational history and programs; collaborate with program and membership staff to develop and communicate programming needs, outcomes and vision.
c. Developing contacts and researching current and new foundation, corporate and government funding sources.
d. Maintaining development database including calendar of deadlines for grant proposals, renewals, reports, and other activities.
e. Generating timely thank you and acknowledgement letters to sponsors and donors.
f. Working with Executive Director to develop a long-term development plan.
g. Developing, planning, writing and/or editing outreach materials including yearly newsletter, brochures, and some web content.

Qualifications:
At least three years of foundation and government grant experience, including grant writing and proposal development.

Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
Must possess strong communication and writing skills.
Must work independently and possess a good sense of humor.
Must be attentive to detail, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
Must possess excellent interpersonal, word processing, and research skills.
Knowledge and familiarity with fundraising information sources and research techniques for fundraising prospects research.
Must be able to work well under pressure in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
Commitment to social justice.

To apply:
Please email cover letter, resume and 2- page writing sample as one PDF file to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:aaguirre%40ucceny.org>. Grant proposals or letters of inquiry are especially helpful as writing samples. You will receive a confirmation that your application was received. We will not be able to respond to each applicant individually.
Timeline
We will accept applications until June 30th, but interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
We plan to start interviewing strong candidates in July. We hope to hire a new Development Associate to start in mid to late August 2013.
Salary and Benefits:
This position offers a salary in the mid $40K range, medical and dental coverage, and paid vacation

REGISTERED DIETICIAN
About the Job
Registered Dietician responsible for in-office counseling of patients. The Registered Dietician focuses on the impact of diet on the member's health status. In this role, you will educate members about the importance of diet and disease state and coordinate their medical and nutritional needs to help members achieve appropriate nutritional status.

Specifically you will:
• Promote healthy eating habits and recommend appropriate dietary practices.
• Interview members telephonically regarding their eating habits/dietary restrictions
• Identify areas of improvement. Evaluate progress of member toward goals and reports the information to the RN coach or disease manager.
• Research and develop educational materials.
• Participate in wellness activities both on site and in the community to promote healthy nutrition. This includes outreach to community groups at health fairs and community centers.
• Work at different physician offices

What you need to succeed:
• Registered Dietician license required.
• Bachelors Degree in Nutrition or Food Service Management.
• 2 – 3 years experience in a healthcare related setting.
• Certified Diabetic Educator preferred.
• Certified Diabetic Educator required within in 2 years of employment.
• Valid Driver's License and willing to travel locally between offices.

Send cover letter & resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:practiceemployment%40gmail.com>

Community Nutritionist
About the Job
Community Healthcare Network (CHN) is one of New York City's largest network of not-for-profit, federally qualified, community based healthcare centers with a focus on caring for the health, social services needs and well-being of patients and their families in low-income, medically underserved neighborhoods throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx. We are currently seeking a nutritionist to join our busy and growing medical teams at our Community League Health Center in the Washington Heights area of NYC. Responsibilities include, providing one-to-one medical nutrition therapy to a diverse population of patients including: Prenatal, HIV, Adult Medicine, and Pediatrics, as well as planning and facilitating nutrition education workshops as needed. RD/RDE's needed. Bilingual/Spanish preferred. Along with a competitive salary CHN offers some of the best benefits in the industry including Educational Assistance Loan Program, 403B (Pension), and generous sick time/vacation time. If interested send/fax or email your resume today!

http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Community-Nutritionist-Job-New-York-City-NY-US-113022686.aspx

Senior Wellness Associate
About the Job
Senior Wellness Associate

new patient centered Pharmacy in High Falls. College required. Background in nutrition and wellness services preferred Email resume to:
[log in to unmask]<mailto:wellnessrxceo%40yahoo.com>

Dialysis DIetitian Part-Time
Employer: Noyes Health
Location: Geneseo, NY
Licensure: Registered Dietitian
Experience and Qualifications: Credentialed by the American Dietetic Association required Experience in clinical and administrative aspects of dietetics required. Experience with Dialysis patients is desirable
Responsibilities: Assess the nutritional and dietetic needs of dialysis patients. Counsel patients and their families on prescribed diets and monitor adherence and responses.
Contact Person: Teresa Parker
Fax number: 585-335-4250
Phone number: 585-335-4237
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:tparker%40noyes-hospital.org>

Registered Dietitian Full-Time
Employer:
Healthcare Services Group
Location:
Brooklyn, NY
Licensure:
Registered Dietitian with the CDR
Experience and Qualifications:
HCSG is looking for an energetic RD to join our rapidly growing company. Full Time position in Brooklyn, NY.

Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in nutrition or nutrition-related field required.
Registered Dietitian with the CDR required.
2+ years experience in Long Term Care field required.
Experience with MDS required.
Strong comfort with electronic medical record system required.
Possess sufficient knowledge of food production and distribution to evaluate meal quality, dining programs and therapeutic and texture modified diet preparation.
Possess knowledge of applicable local, state and federal and regulatory statues and guidelines pertaining to healthcare in the skilled nursing setting.
Responsibilities:
Monitor nutritional status of residents in large Long Term Care & Rehabilitation Center.
Document resident's nutritional assessments and status in medical record. Complete MDS process.
Implement, monitor, and evaluate the nutritional care plan of each resident based on the assessment of residents' nutritional needs. Work as an interdisciplinary team member to provide maximum quality of life for resident's residing in our Long Term Care facility.
Provide nutrition education and counseling to resident's and family members.
Assist facility in identifying clinical nutrition problems and work towards solutions.
Participate in efforts to improve and maintain acceptable clinical indicators.

HCSG is the nation's largest provider of support services to the LTC industry. We provide our professional management services to over 3,000 Nursing Facilities in 47 states nationwide and in Canada. On the NASDAQ stock exchange, we have been recognized as one of Forbes Top 200 Small Companies in America and as one of Forbes Most Trusted Companies in America.Contact Person:Shana GriffinSpecial Instructions:Please send Resume and Cover Letter to Shana Griffin at [log in to unmask]<mailto:shana.griffin%40hcsgcorp.com>

Registered Dietitian
Job posted by: Project FIND
Posted on: June 21, 2013
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
Position Overview
We are seeking a registered dietitian to deliver dynamic and engaging nutritional presentations at our four senior centers. The RD will visit each site once per month and work with the center directors and the Activities Coordinator to develop programming that addresses the needs of our clients. Presentations typically last an hour. Additionally, the RD will act as a consultant on our new webcast cooking program. This consultancy will occur on an as-needed basis, depending on the RD's schedule and on Project FIND's needs.
Responsibilities
• Conduct nutrition presentations for 20-30 adults over 60, one per month at each of our four senior centers
• Facilitate conversation about health and nutrition topics important to our clients
• Create a schedule of visits in collaboration with the center directors and Activities Coordinator
• Check in with staff to assess the presentations' effectiveness
• Consult on the content of "What's Cooking," a webcast program focused on healthy cooking practices for seniors
Qualifications
• Registered Dietitian (RD)
• Knowledge of at least some of the following: eating healthily on a fixed income, cooking for one, microwave cooking, healthy eating habits, heart disease, diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure
• Strong speaking and communication skills
• Some experience working with older adults; knowledge of the health and nutritional needs of older populations
• Comfortable working with diverse populations in group settings
• Ability to facilitate highly interactive workshops that give our clients opportunities to ask questions and problem-solve
About Project FIND
Project FIND's mission is to provide low- and moderate-income and homeless seniors with the services and support they need to enrich their lives and live independently.
Today Project FIND operates three supportive housing residences that are home to about 600 people and four seniors centers with over 3,000 members.
Our members and residents range from the healthy and active to the frail and homebound to the homeless. For all of these men and women, Project FIND is a critical resource, providing housing, meals, and programs that help individuals navigate the challenges of aging by encouraging community engagement and healthy living.
How to apply
To Apply Please send resume and a brief cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:aunger%40projectfind.org>.

Registered Dietician
Job posted by: New York Foundling Hospital
Posted on: June 20, 2013
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
The New York Foundling (the "Foundling) is one of the oldest, largest and most well-respected human services agencies in New York. Established as a home for abandoned children, the Foundling has been saving children, preserving families, and building communities since 1869. We have over 1300 employees located in every borough of New York City, Westchester and Rockland Counties and in Puerto Rico.
We currently are seeking a Registered Dietician to work with our OPWDD programs, located throughout the five boroughs of NYC and in Westchester/Rockland counties.
The Registered Dietician will act as the primary nutrition expert and liaison for the agency's at-risk population. The Registered Dietician will implement all of the nutritional counseling, initially meeting with consumers to assess their neeeds, and then training the staff on how to meet those needs. The position will require travel between multiple locations, including the five boroughs of NYC and Rockland/Westchester counties.
Candidates must have a BA/BS, with an MA/MS in Community Nutrition or Nutrition Education preferred. NYS certification as Dietician/Nutritionist, with a current certificate of insurance, is required. Candidates should have at least 2 years of clinical experience working with the OPWDD population.
How to apply
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, in-service training, flexible work schedules and competitive salaries. We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly online through our website --https://www.nyfoundling.org/get-involved/work-with-us/ - or sending your resume along with cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:Jobs%40NYfoundling.org> or fax at 212-727-6805. Please indicate "Registered Dietician" in the subject line.
www.NYFoundling.org<http://www.NYFoundling.org>
AA/EOE

Case Manager, Food & Nutrition Services
Job posted by: Harlem United Community AIDS Center
Posted on: June 19, 2013
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
The Food and Nutrition Program operates out of multiple locations within Harlem United and provides nutritional groups, counseling, pantry bag distribution, and congregate meals to adults who are living with HIV/AIDS. The program serves approximately 300 clients. Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator of The Food and Nutrition Program, the Case Manager will be responsible for administrative and direct client work. The Case Manager will also be involved in crisis intervention as client altercations occur, following a clinical de-escalation/safety protocol.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
• Must be able to work evenings until 6:00pm or 7:00pm depending on the day of the week.
• Screen and complete the intake process for new clients.
• Ensure that eligibility documents are obtained for all new enrollments and updated every six months for existing clients.
• Review spreadsheets necessary for tracking reassessment and HIPAA due dates, making sure that these continue to be up to date.
• Review funder's eSHARE database and charts to ensure all documentation is accurately reported and completes all requirements.
• Work with the rest of the staff to ensure that the program runs consistently and that clients adhere to programmatic requirements.
• Provide supportive counseling to clients.
• Ensure that clients attend primary care physician appointments every 90 days, and complete documentation of this service.
• Refer clients to external resources as needed.
• Assist in crisis intervention as altercations arise.
• Attend case conferences.
• Collaborate with other providers to provide care coordination and to obtain recent lab work for clients.
• Assist with monitoring clients in the dining room during dinner meals and program activities.
• Assist with pantry bag distribution as needed.
• Monitor client participation and outreach clients who have not been attending the program.
• Complete the case closure process for clients who are no longer attending the program.
• Work closely with the data entry team and program staff to maintain an accurate and up to date census (in the form of program participation sheets) for active clients at each FNS site.
Other Responsibilities
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
• Co-facilitate groups as needed.
• Participate in staff meetings.
• Participate in agency-wide events as assigned.
• Cover other programmatic duties as assigned.
Education and Certification
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field preferred with four years of work experience in Health/Human Services, a Master's degree will be considered in lieu of experience in the Health/Human Services field.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Able to follow through on complex projects.
• A strong understanding of harm reduction and motivational interviewing.
• Experience working with a diverse population of people living with HIV/AIDS.
• Leadership and team-building skills.
• Knowledge of community resources in the New York area.
How to apply
Harlem United is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates should forward cover letter and resume to Kevin Rente, [log in to unmask]<mailto:krente%40harlemunited.org>

Bushwick Farmers' Market Outreach Manager
Job posted by: EcoStation: NY
Posted on: June 19, 2013
• Share
• Bookmark
• Print
Job description
Outreach Manager
35hrs/week. mid-June - November
Employer: EcoStation:NY
Location: Bushwick, Brooklyn
Work with an environmental and food-justice non-profit to promote access to farm-fresh healthy foods in underserved communities, increasing awareness of incentive programs available at farmers' markets, and work to bring people together around food, nutrition, and sustainability. Work closely with the Market Manager, Farm Manager, and Outreach Manager Apprentices. Spanish/English bilingual required; polyglot applicants strongly encouraged. EcoStation is an equal opportunity employer.
• Attend community meetings; collaborate with other nonprofits, city agencies, businesses, local restaurants and educators to promote access to farm-fresh food, awareness of EBT, WIC and other coupon and incentive programs used at the Bushwick Farmers' Markets, and education about sustainable food production at the Bushwick Campus Farm & Greenhouse
• coordinate volunteers
• Develop and maintain a database of contact information and a mailing list of collaborators
• Collaborate on and implement promotional programs; develop and distribute promotional materials
• Oversee and coordinate with Outreach Manager Apprentices
• Help to organize public events and publicize them through a variety of media outlets while seeking new possibilities for outreach
• Track attendance at markets and public events
• Help with market sales and operation of EBT terminal
• Bilingual Spanish/English required; polyglot applicants strongly encouraged.
• Valid Drivers License required
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:Travis%40EcoStationNY.org>

Reply via web post<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NY_RD_News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwcjFiNW5lBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBG1zZ0lkAzQwOTgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzcxODY2OTYx?act=reply&messageNum=4098>       Reply to sender <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  Reply to group <mailto:[log in to unmask]>   Start a New Topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NY_RD_News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZTRvYnFtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3MTg2Njk2MQ-->      Messages in this topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NY_RD_News/message/4098;_ylc=X3oDMTM0dWtpZDdtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4OTQyMDQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE2MDYxBG1zZ0lkAzQwOTgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzcxODY2OTYxBHRwY0lkAzQwOTg-> (1)
Recent Activity:

Chef Kyle Shadix, MS, RD
Culinary Nutrition Communications
www.chefkyle.com<http://www.chefkyle.com>