The NY RD job list from Kyle Shadix, MS, RD since 2001

To subscribe, send an email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:NY_RD_News-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

Jobs are usually posted by Sunday evening. Jobs are not usually posted more than once, so check the archive for last week's jobs:

The jobs listed below are mostly from New York State. Please email job listings
from your area so that the entire state will be covered. Jobs must be received
by Thursday at 3pm in order to be posted for Sunday posting. There is no charge
to post a job on the NY_RD_News List.
Job posting - full time, 35hrs/week , clinical dietitian for a nursing home in Queens. Require knowledge of MDS 3.0 , care plans, responsible for documentation, counseling, attending weight meetings and care plan meetings. Benefits include blue cross blue shield medical insurance, dental, 401k, etc. Please contact Maddie at [log in to unmask]<mailto:Mkaczmarczyk%40bvnh.com>.

Job Opportunity…
Clinical Dietitian, entry level
St. Elizabeth Medical Center
Utica, NY
Sodexo has an outstanding opportunity for a Clinical Dietitian to come join their dynamic team at St. Elizabeth Medical Center, a 202 bed community hospital.
To learn more about St. Elizabeth Medical Center click here: http://www.stemc.org/
Sodexo offers reimbursement of ADA dues, registration maintenance and state license fees, CEU allowance, clinical networking and educational meetings. To learn more about Clinical Dietitian careers, visit www.SodexoDietitianJobs.com<http://www.SodexoDietitianJobs.com>
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS OR TO APPLY
Contact: Mindi Gale, Senior Recruiter
[log in to unmask]<mailto:Mindi.Gale%40sodexo.com>
978-409-1822

ob announcement:
SUNY Ulster (Ulster County Community College) is seeking an Adjunct to teach Food an Nutrition (CHE 110) in the Fall (Tuesday and Thursday 11:40 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.). The course description is as follows:
Basic information about cellular organization, function, and requirements, and about how these factors influence the body's growth, maintenance, and repair is presented in this non-laboratory course for non-science majors. Topics include the environmental conditions and nutrient requirements for life; digestion, absorption, and metabolism of food and the essential nutrients; food quality, deterioration, and preservation; food laws and government regulations; the clinical results of poor nutrition; and the potential benefits of proper nutrition. 3 hrs. lect.
Contact Steven Schimmrich at [log in to unmask]<mailto:schimmrs%40sunyulster.edu>

FAMILY CARE INTERNATIONAL
Internship-Global Advocacy

Family Care International (FCI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safer around the world. FCI advocates for sexual and reproductive health and rights at the global, regional, and country levels; builds the capacity of local partners in Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean; and develops information and training materials. FCI is headquartered in New York, with field offices in sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean.

Family Care International (FCI) provides undergraduate and graduate/professional school students the opportunity to work on current, relevant, international health issues under the close supervision of experienced professionals. FCI is seeking a candidate to provide general research and administrative support for its Global Advocacy program.

Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Conduct research and review of documents to support advocacy efforts and strengthen messaging;
• Provide logistical support in the organization of meetings, including managing RSVPs, liaising with participants, coordinating travel, and other related tasks;
• Support FCI's participation at conferences and meetings, including preparing PowerPoint presentations;
• Assist in developing, editing, and translating (French) content for advocacy materials and tools;
• Manage listserves and help maintain FCI's social media presence (FCI blog, Twitter, Facebook);
• Conduct administrative tasks as necessary;
• Other duties as required.

Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience conducting online and print research.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office; familiarity with social media.
• Interest in women's health and rights issues.
• Fluency in French desired, but not required.

Terms:
• Currently attending graduate or undergraduate school, majoring in public administration, international affairs, public health or relevant field
• Compensation: $10-12 per hour depending on academic status.
• Days: 2-3 days per week for Summer, possibility of extending internship through Fall 2013.
• Applicants must be ELIGIBLE to work in USA.

FCI is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications (CV and cover letter) to be addressed as follows:

[log in to unmask]<mailto:fcijobs%40fcimail.org>
Mark on subject line: Internship – Global Advocacy

NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE

UNITED COMMUNITY CENTERS
613 New Lots Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11207
Phone: (718) 649-7979
Fax: (718) 649-7256
www.ucceny.org<http://www.ucceny.org>
www.eastnewyorkfarms.org<http://www.eastnewyorkfarms.org>
Job Announcement
Development Associate
United Community Centers (UCC) is a multi-service community-based organization located in East New York, Brooklyn. For more than fifty years, UCC has been a front-line service provider in one of New York City's most underserved neighborhoods and has partnered with residents to respond to the changing needs of our community. From the beginning, our mission has been two-fold: to provide needed services to families, adults and young people; and to involve residents of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds in social efforts to collectively learn about and resolve community issues. What sets us apart as a community-based organization is our 55 year history in the community, which is a reflection of our commitment to the neighborhood. Our current programs encompass: an affiliated day care center for 165 pre-school and school age children; ESOL and civics classes; immigration assistance; intensive HIV/AIDS prevention and women's health education; and East New York Farms!, a food justice project. Our combined annual budget, which includes our early childhood program, is between 1.5 - 1.6 million.
UCC seeks an experienced Development Associate to research potential funders, develop proposals, and communicate with current funders. This position also includes assisting with program expansion and supporting the overall development strategies of UCC.
Primary responsibilities include:
a. Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundations, federal and corporate sources
b. Develop an understanding of organizational history and programs; collaborate with program and membership staff to develop and communicate programming needs, outcomes and vision.
c. Developing contacts and researching current and new foundation, corporate and government funding sources.
d. Maintaining development database including calendar of deadlines for grant proposals, renewals, reports, and other activities.
e. Generating timely thank you and acknowledgement letters to sponsors and donors.
f. Working with Executive Director to develop a long-term development plan.
g. Developing, planning, writing and/or editing outreach materials including yearly newsletter, brochures, and some web content.

Qualifications:
• At least three years of foundation and government grant experience, including grant writing and proposal development.

• Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
• Must possess strong communication and writing skills.
• Must work independently and possess a good sense of humor.
• Must be attentive to detail, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, word processing, and research skills.
• Knowledge and familiarity with fundraising information sources and research techniques for fundraising prospects research.
• Must be able to work well under pressure in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
• Commitment to social justice.

To apply:
Please email cover letter, resume and 2- page writing sample as one PDF file to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:aaguirre%40ucceny.org>. Grant proposals or letters of inquiry are especially helpful as writing samples. You will receive a confirmation that your application was received. We will not be able to respond to each applicant individually.
Timeline
We will accept applications until June 30th, but interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
We plan to start interviewing strong candidates in July. We hope to hire a new Development Associate to start in mid to late August 2013.
Salary and Benefits:
This position offers a salary in the mid $40K range, medical and dental coverage, and paid vacation

Fee-For-Service Nutritionist CDE*
Responsible for evaluating patient's nutrition status in the home and for working with the Patient's familiy in the provision of nutrition counseling and establishment of treatment plan as per MD prescription.

Skills/Requirements

Valid RD certification and previous experince working with geriatric population.

Certified Diabetic Educator Certification required.

Apply To This Job
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Fee-For-Service-Nutritionist-CDE-Job-New-York-NY-US-123316429.aspx

\

Nutritionist
About the Job
WIC NUTRITIONIST: Deliver excellent customer service while providing nutrition services to high-risk women, infants and children including collecting patient information, performing anthropometric measurements, hemoglobin testing, assessing dietary & nutritional risk, providing counseling, education, breastfeeding support and referrals. This position shares administrative duties including determining program eligibility, answering phones and scheduling appointments.

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree from a college/university whose program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE),in nutrition, dietetics, or community nutrition. Valid NYS Driver's License. Must be available evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel to satellite sites to provide WIC services and participate in outreach events.

Preferred Qualifications: One year experience working in multicultural community. Bi-lingual.

Note: New York State Department of Health must approve college transcripts before a job offer can be extended.
http://jobview.nytimes.monster.com/Nutritionist-Job-Albany-NY-US-122598080.aspx

clinical Dietician
Nephrology Foundation of Brooklyn Brooklyn, NY 6/26/2013
• Save Job
• Email
• Print
• Report
Apply Now
JOB DESCRIPTION
Outpatient Dialysis Center in Brooklyn seeks P/T Clinical Dietitian, 2 days (15 hours) a week from 7:00am to 3:00pm.
JOB REQUIREMENTS
• RD required.
• Experience preferred.

Email resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], or fax to: 718-336-8772, Attn: S. Pearce.
JOB SNAPSHOT
Employment TypePart-Time
Job TypeHealth Care
EducationNot Specified
ExperienceNot Specified
Manages OthersNot Specified
IndustryHealthcare - Health Services
Required TravelNot Specified
Apply Now

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=JHN2H56L3K01DK2N48C&showNewJDP=yes&IPath=ILKGV0G

_did=J3F2LB79Q5Y26LNZ1SX&IPath=ILKGV0B<http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=J3F2LB79Q5Y26LNZ1SX&IPath=ILKGV0B>

Job Title: Scientist
See all jobs at this company
Printer-Friendly Version | Save this job | Email this job

Apply Now >>

COMPANY OVERVIEW

Kraft Foods is the world's second largest food and beverage company. Do you have a passion for food? Want to make a delicious difference? Kraft Foods is a company that challenges and inspires you to achieve your best, rewards you with professional career development and personal satisfaction, and values who you are. We understand that actions speak louder than words, so at Kraft Foods:
• We inspire trust
• We act like owners
• We keep it simple
• We are open and inclusive
• We tell it like it is
• We lead from the head and the heart
• We discuss. We decide. We deliver.

We make today delicious in over 145 countries where we sell our products. And, our employees can be seen in action in more than 70 countries. At Kraft Foods, we relish innovative thinking and fresh ideas -- we invite you to consider having a seat at the table.

If you're hungry for more info go to: www.kraftfoodscompany.com<http://www.kraftfoodscompany.com>

Kraft Foods is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Kraft therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
JOB OVERVIEW
Company: Kraft Foods

Location: White Plains, NY 10601 ( Map it!)

Compensation:
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Food
Manages Others: Not Specified
Job Type: Science
Research
Req'd Education: Not Specified
Req'd Experience: Not Specified
Req'd Travel: None
Relocation Covered: Not Specified

Ref ID: 1300989
JOB DESCRIPTION
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We're also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2012 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.

We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, Refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.

Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, Including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each – Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings;Oscar Mayer meats; and Maxwell House coffees – plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.

In the United States, based on dollar share in 2012, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.

This individual will be responsible for product development through commercialization of new products. The person will also serve as key contact for trouble shooting issues as they arise on existing products. Project responsibilities include benchtop/pilot plant development, support for consumer testing, specification development and plant trial coordination. Project work will provide opportunity to work closely with Operations, Marketing, Nutrition Applications and CIS.

JOB REQUIREMENTS
• B.S. in Food Science
• Willing to travel 20%
• Minimum 1 year experience in Product Development
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Strong organization and time management skills
Kraft Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Kraft recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J3J1VQ6B3VPBY1PR77V&IPath=ILKGV2I

Chef Kyle Shadix, MS, RD
Culinary Nutrition Communications
www.chefkyle.com<http://www.chefkyle.com>

Twitter:  @chefkylerd
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/chefkylerd

.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the NFS-L List, please send an E-mail to:
"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF NFS-L".