CANCELLED - The Senate Roundtable

The Senate Roundtable scheduled by the Chair of the Senate Health Committee for Wednesday July 17th from 9:30a.m.-12p.m. at 250 Broadway is no longer taking place.  Bronx Health REACH was notified this morning that the Senate Roundtable discussion with members of the Senate Health Committee and representatives from the New York State Department of Health to discuss ending Segregated Care in New York teaching hospitals has been cancelled. We are hoping it will be rescheduled soon.    Please share this with groups you may have forwarded our earlier email to. Thank you.

Bronx Faith Leader Focus Group - TOMORROW July 16th

The Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies (FPWA) is in need of your wisdom as we address issues of justice and seek to promote the social and economic well-being of all New Yorkers.  A select group of faith leaders is being asked to participate in a one-time focus group that will identify significant issues in your community that require our collective attention.  Help us find new and better ways to help you and your community ministry.  Please note the focus group will be held at South East Bronx Neighborhood Center at 3289 Third Avenue, Bronx, NY 10456 on Tuesday, July 16th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.  You can RSVP by emailing [log in to unmask] or by contacting Nakia Johnson at (212) 801-1310.

District 15 City Council Candidate Forum on Creating a Healthy Environment – July 22nd

Throughout the summer, New York League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (NYLCVEF) is bringing voters and candidates together to discuss the critical issues facing the city during a series of candidate forums.   These free, non-partisan events cover a wide range of environmental concerns and allow voters to find out where the candidates stand.  If you care about:  Parks & Open Spaces, Crotona Park, Access to Healthy Foods, Air Quality, Community Gardens, Public Transit, and Noise Pollution, please join us for the District 15 City Council Candidate Forum on Monday, July 22nd from 6:30-8:30pm at the Bronx Library Center (310 East Kingsbridge Road).  Please RSVP to Ya-Ting Liu at [log in to unmask] or 212-361-6350 ext. 203. In addition to getting your questions asked, your participation will also help make environmental issues a priority for New York City's next generation of elected leaders.  Attached is a flyer in English & Spanish; please spread the word!

Thank you,

the Bronx Health REACH staff

(212) 633-0800 x 1232

www.bronxhealthreach.org

Blog http://bronxhealthreach.blogspot.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BronxHealthREACH

Twitter: http://twitter.com/BxHealthREACH

Bronx Health REACH is a program of the Institute for Family Health.