Please see below.
 From: Katherine Roberts-Hill [mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>]
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:05 PM
To: Attiqa Mirza
Subject: ListServ Post

Hi Attiqa,
My name is Katherine. I graduated this winter from the COMHE program. I'm currently working at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore on a clinical research study as the coordinator. We are looking for student volunteers interested in the treatment of Vitamin D deficiency in minority adolescents. Can you please circulate to any and all List serv's or program coordinators for educational programs with whom you have contact for. Below is a description of the study and opportunity for students looking for experience in clinical research.
 Much appreciated,
 Katherine Roberts
 Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency in Minority Adolescents: A Clinical
Study of Vitamin D Repletion in Bronx, NY at Children's Hospital at Montefiore

An exciting clinical research opportunity focusing on Vitamin D
deficiency, a current hot topic in Pediatrics and many other fields
(Endocrinology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Infectious
Disease and more)! Vitamin D deficiency is a prevalent and silent
problem, especially in obese and minority youth living in northern
latitudes. There are no evidence-based guidelines for treatment in
adolescents. Goals of our project are to compare demographics,
adherence and health benefits in adolescents with vitamin D deficiency
using (1) a questionnaire addressing measures of cardiovascular risk
factors, immunity, asthma severity and musculoskeletal symptoms (2)
measures of handgrip muscle strength and waist circumference. Vitamin
D deficient adolescents will be randomized into three treatment arms
and followed up at 3 months and 6 months. Our clinical sites include
inpatient and outpatient practices at the Children's Hospital at
Montefiore. We are seeking motivated pre-medical students (or any student interested in research)
who aspire to be part of a clinical research team that recruits
patients, administers questionnaires, performs simple physical tests
of hand-grip strength and assists in building a database. Mentorship
for an independent project using data collected by the student will be
offered. Opportunity to gain skills using STATA software also
available. We are looking for motivated students who may be interested
in a fall or spring semester (fall 2013, spring 2014) commitment to
the study team. Ideally, we ask a 2-3 day minimum commitment. If you are interested in learning about clinical research in Pediatrics and
joining our team, please contact Dr. Hina Talib, Adolescent
Medicine at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

--
Best,

Katherine Roberts

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the COMHE-L List, please send an E-mail to: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF COMHE-L".

--
Best,

Katherine Roberts