Forwarded from the Public Health Nutrition listserv...

It's that time of year when people are starting to think about canning and/or freezing that food they've been grown, gotten at a farmers' market, etc.   In a recent weekly update from Pinterest of interesting Boards, a board that Pinterest recommended was one on canning. As I looked at it, some of the posts seemed rather questionable. To get the ball rolling on getting out accurate, research-based information, my colleague Carol Larvick and I are working on a Pinterest Board on Canning and Freezing.   It's at http://pinterest.com/nebraskacarol/canning-and-freezing/

If you are putting together your own board on the topic, or would like a quick refresher course on canning and freezing, you might find our board helpful for repins and/or updating your information.  (For many of the pinned items, I have done the work for you of finding or taking pictures to illustrate the link I pinned to.)

We plan to add more to it. Right now, Carol and I have about 65 examples.

Best wishes,

Alice Henneman, MS, RD
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension in Lancaster County
444 Cherrycreek Rd., Ste. A, Lincoln, NE 68528

Website: Connecting you to information, resources & food experts from farm to fork at http://food.unl.edu/
Social Media:
   Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/alicehenneman
- Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/alicehenneman