Obesity Prevention in Early Care and Education News Blast:  We’re happy to share with you the July Edition of the 2013 Obesity Prevention in Early Care and Education News Blast. See the attached News Blast for an ECE Community Highlight (Yolo County Head Start), recent news, and research from the early care and education field.   If you have comments or suggestions for the news blast, please email Caree J. Cotwright: [log in to unmask]NOTE: Please remember to weigh in our monthly Question from DNPAO by emailing: [log in to unmask].  DNPAO ? of the Month:  Is your state or community interested in having LMCC obesity prevention training slides for each of the LMCC Goals?
Early Care and Education Networking Call: Tomorrow! The next CDC/DNPAO monthly Early Care and Education Networking Teleconference will take place on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 (3-4 pm EST). The call will feature a discussion on Obesity Prevention Initiatives in Head Start, including Healthy Active Living and Little Voices for Healthy Choices.  If you are unable to participate, the call will be recorded and archived.

 NOTE: The call in number for the call is:  1-877-718-2565 and the Passcode is 67363979.
We look forward to speaking to everyone on tomorrow! Please see the links below from our call presenters in preparation for the call.  (See links at the end of the message for additional resources from our Farm to Table Networking Call last month.)
Head Start Healthy Living Resources:
For families:

For Staff:

Growing Healthy Family Goals Worksheet

http://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc/tta-system/health/Health/Health%20and%20Wellness/Health%20and%20Wellness%20Families/GrowingHealthyF.htm

Growing Healthy Family Postcard
http://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc/tta-system/health/Health/Health%20and%20Wellness/Health%20and%20Wellness%20Families/grow-healthy-post.htm

Spanish Resources:
Hoja de trabajo: Metas para crecer sanamente en familia (Growing Healthy Family Goals Worksheet)
http://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc/Espanol/salud/Health/nutricion/CmoMejorarlaS.htm

Afiche: Creciendo sanamente en familia (Growing Healthy Family Postcard)

Our August 2013 ECE Call
Our upcoming call will take place on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 (3-4 pm EST.)  The call topic will be shared at the end of the week.

Farm to Table Resources (Seattle King County)
Community Kitchens:
http://seattletilth.org/
Contact:  Natalie Thompson [log in to unmask]