This just in from Hunter DI alumna, Helen Ohw, RD. Helen is the Director of Community Relations for Assembly Member Micah Z. Kellner.

[NOFA-NY logo]

HELP SPREAD THE WORD

WE MUST SHOW OUR SUPPORT

TO LEARN MORE, CLICK HERE<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001nSIxNRL2-PjbcBgif4kN9_qSgH06hnuF2VWF9BLKKDt3J096_puVjyqlvgiUSryYQ8XLEw3GtRy44YCMxMgUEtKAQxUW0wrkAXVZ2iWsh0hheV39gOJk9w==>.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR GMO BILL A3525

Tuesday, July 30th at 10:00 am

East Dining Room, Lehman College

250 Bedford Park Blvd West, Bronx, NY

The NY Assembly Committee on Consumer Affairs and Protection is holding a hearing for GMO Labeling Bill A3525.

Pro-labeling organizations have been invited to give testimony along with representatives from the opposition. Let these legislators know why New Yorkers deserve the right to know what's in their food.

It is incredibly important that we fill the seats of this hearing with GMO labeling advocates.

Make this a standing room only event. We know this is a tough sell--a weekday in the Bronx in the middle of summer. But we can't let this get in the way--we HAVE to be there in full force!

The posting on the GMO Free NY Facebook page can be seen here<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001nSIxNRL2-PiRSNXaoU9o9czB-Lmlmnygr1M288LsuGJCXm_-AGvz5aWBK9EX5n_z2Md2WxBzt30xxRniN-DWdj8ujrIAFrsaE03w7c82skPkBYtFfIzojg==>. There's also an event listing you can use to invite all of your own Facebook friends.  Help spread the word!

Our turnout MUST impress this Assembly Committee so that when the the bill is reintroduced at the start of the next legislative session in January, it will be immediately voted upon and moved through the Assembly to a floor vote.

For the official public notice for the Assembly Public Hearing on GMO labeling, click on: http://assembly.state.ny.us/comm/Consumer/20130716/

NOFA-NY is a statewide organization leading a growing movement of

farmers, consumers, gardeners, and businesses committed

to promoting local, organic food and farming.

www.nofany.org<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001nSIxNRL2-PjaxbzlMftVpLZsrdPT_7nIyrKhitX_DBYxBA9UzMCxYWmffWcwpi3wRNy4HoJSg6rLp0UWgX-aFcVJVgvq5DRNec9jsY6ZKJ1EsdSgwrNGtQ==>

Forward email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=o7dm6agab&m=1105984884622&ea=kellnerm%40assembly.state.ny.us&a=1114236179842>
.

Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York | 249 Highland Ave | Rochester | NY | 14620